Toll from inferno at Shanghai high-rise building jumps to 42November 15th, 2010 - 11:15 pm ICT by BNO News
SHANGHAI, CHINA (BNO NEWS) — The death toll following a massive fire at a skyscraper in the Chinese city of Shanghai rose to 42 on late Monday evening, state-run media reported.
The blaze broke out at approximately 2 p.m. local time on the scaffolding of the residential high-rise but quickly spread to the building itself and eventually put all 30 floors on fire. Hours later, at around 7 p.m. local time, the blaze was mostly extinguished.
The state-run Xinhua news agency later reported that at least 42 people had been killed. The agency earlier reported that 90 people also had been injured.
- Inferno at Shanghai high-rise building kills 42, injures nearly 100 - Nov 15, 2010
- At least 12 dead, nearly 100 injured as fire engulfs Shanghai skyscraper - Nov 15, 2010
- Eight arrested in Shanghai high-rise building fire that killed 53 - Nov 16, 2010
- Skyscraper catches fire in Shanghai - Nov 15, 2010
- Eight dead, 90 injured after Shanghai high-rise fire - Nov 15, 2010
- Shanghai fire toll rises to 53 - Nov 16, 2010
- Shanghai district official sentenced to 16 years in prison over deadly high-rise fire - Aug 02, 2011
- Eight dead in Shanghai building fire - Nov 15, 2010
- 42 killed in Shanghai high-rise blaze (Lead) - Nov 15, 2010
- Blaze at Philippines hotel kills 15, injures others - Dec 20, 2010
- Four held as Shanghai blaze toll rises to 53 (Lead) - Nov 16, 2010
- Four die after scaffolding collapse at south China construction site - May 09, 2010
- 3-alarm fire at New York City apartment building injures 31 - Mar 13, 2011
- Fire-stricken ferry sinks off Jordanian coast - Nov 07, 2011
- 10 dead in China mall fire - Jul 01, 2012