To escape rape, Russian woman jumps from fourth floorJuly 6th, 2012 - 6:18 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, July 6 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A 27-year-old woman in Russia’s Siberia region, who was working as a masseuse, jumped out of a fourth-floor window after being threatened with gang rape, police said Friday.
She was injured and is being treated in hospital.
A man in Krasnoyarsk town invited the woman to his flat after seeing an advertisement in a newspaper.
Police said that instead of massage, the man demanded sexual contact while threatening her with a knife. When she refused, he invited his friends along, threatening the woman with gang rape.
The man has been detained and charged with attempted rape and murder.
- Woman detains man armed with model gun - Nov 21, 2011
- Man asks Kremlin for salary arrears, detained - Jul 13, 2011
- Man goes on stabbing spree in Moscow - Dec 10, 2011
- Drunk held for gas blast threat - Mar 24, 2012
- Russian ex-official involved in $10 mn fraud - Jun 05, 2012
- Russia asks Ukraine to extradite Putin plot suspect - Mar 01, 2012
- US national kills Russian wife, commits suicide in Moscow - May 26, 2011
- Russian woman jailed for killing 17 - Jun 04, 2012
- Sarah Brightman in talks over space trip - Aug 22, 2012
- Gold chain saves man's life - Jun 28, 2012
- Syrians held in Russia for poaching rare birds - Aug 09, 2012
- Siberian serial stabber caught eating dog - Aug 19, 2012
- Nine held trying to take control of mosques - Sep 27, 2011
- Four teens held for rape, murder of minor girl - Apr 14, 2012
- Russian gold producer eyes London IPO - Jan 19, 2012