Timing of initiating steps to conclude N-deal is up to New Delhi: USNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:00 am ICT by admin
He said it was up to New Delhi to go on their own to conclude those required steps, where the US too would support India.
On being asked about the resolution moved in the US Congress over strict restrictions on nuclear trade with India, McCormack said that those opinions were ‘important’.
“We want to engage them to be able to reassure them of the importance of this deal, not only for the U.S. Government, but also for our non-proliferation efforts worldwide,” he added.
There are three more steps involved in operationalising the nuclear deal that include, India signing a country specific agreement with International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), amendment in the charter of the 45-member Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG) that would facilitate international trade of nuclear fuel supply with India and the ratification of the 123-agreement by the US Congress. (ANI)
- US wants India to ratify compensation regime for n-accidents - Jul 19, 2011
- Obama names Clinton as certification authority of Indo-U.S. civilian nuclear deal - Mar 11, 2010
- Japan relents, to start n-deal talks with India (Lead) - Jun 25, 2010
- India, Japan to revive nuclear talks, seal currency swap (Roundup) - Dec 29, 2011
- India, US sign nuclear reprocessing pact - Jul 31, 2010
- Japan PM's visit to push stalled n-deal talks - Dec 18, 2011
- Hillary to report on reprocessing deal to US Congress - May 05, 2010
- India signs civil nuclear deal with South Korea (Lead) - Jul 25, 2011
- Clinton visit: US committed to nuclear deal (Lead) - Jul 14, 2011
- Westinghouse talks with Indian companies for n-business - Feb 03, 2010
- India, US talks on atomic fuel re-processing begins - Jul 25, 2009
- India, Japan close to nuke deal; to ink trade deal in February (Lead) - Jan 17, 2011
- Stalled US-India ties require 'bold leap forward': Experts - Oct 21, 2010
- Canada to fast-track nuclear deal with India (Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- Japan PM hints at revival of n-deal talks (Lead) (With images) - Dec 28, 2011
Tags: atomic energy agency, IAEA, indo, international atomic energy, international atomic energy agency, international trade, mccormack, New Delhi, nsg, nuclear deal, nuclear fuel, nuclear suppliers group, nuclear trade, proliferation, ratification, strict restrictions, support india, us congress, us state department