‘Tiger Mother’ author’s daughter accepted into HarvardApril 6th, 2011 - 6:09 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Apr 6 (ANI): The daughter of the author of the book, ‘Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother’, has been accepted into Harvard.
According to legal blog Above the Law, Sophia Chua-Rubenfeld, the daughter of the much-maligned Yale professor Amy Chua, received her letter of acceptance from the prestigious Ivy League University.
Looking at the facts, she’s more than just a girl who has been force-fed knowledge by a determined parent. She’s a piano prodigy, an able writer who eloquently defended her mother in the press and academically gifted.
Chua-Rubenfeld wrote a letter to the New York Post titled ‘Why I Love My Strict Chinese Mom’.
“Having you as a mother was no tea party. There were some play dates I wish I’d gone to and some piano camps I wish I’d skipped,” the New York Daily News quoted her as writing
“But now that I’m 18 and about to leave the tiger den, I’m glad you and Daddy raised me the way you did,” she added.
Her mom Amy graduated from Harvard College in 1984 and Harvard Law School in 1987, and her father Jed Rubenfeld graduated from Harvard Law School in 1986. (ANI)
- Soha takes piano classes, pleases mommy dearest - Apr 11, 2012
- Amy's dad to share her handwritten notes with fans - Jun 18, 2012
- Jennifer a world class mom: Ben Affleck - May 13, 2012
- I'm completely devastated: Amy Winehouse's father - Jul 25, 2011
- Charlotte family - McCauley win the lottery for the third time - Jul 27, 2011
- Beyonce splurged $3,500 on crib - Jan 10, 2012
- Beyonce pays tribute to Houston - May 27, 2012
- Ivanka Trump's 'schizophrenic stalker extradited to New York' - Mar 23, 2011
- Winehouse reincarnated as butterfly, believes mom - Jul 10, 2012
- India will get more prominence at Harvard - Aug 07, 2011
- Oldest Tweeter user dies at 104 - Jul 29, 2010
- 'Happy Mother's day', tweets Bollywood - May 13, 2012
- Mom is the best, says Bollywood - May 08, 2011
- Chinese fifth-grader's poem requesting break from homework sparks debate - Jan 29, 2011
- Beyonce pays handwritten tribute to mom - May 15, 2012
Tags: amy chua, battle hymn, blog, force fed, harvard college, harvard law school, harvard new york, ivy league university, jed, letter of acceptance, mom, new york daily news, new york post, piano prodigy, sophia, tea party, tiger, tiger den, yale professor, york daily news