Tibetan monk sets himself on fire in ChinaFebruary 14th, 2012 - 3:00 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Feb 14 (IANS) A Tibetan monk set himself on fire Monday in southwest China’s Sichuan province, authorities said Tuesday.
Losang Gyatso, 18, from the Kirti monastery in the Aba Tibetan-Qiang autonomous prefecture, set himself ablaze at Qiatang west street in the county, reported Xinhua.
The report did not say what prompted the monk to commit self-immolation.
A 19-year-old Tibetan nun died following self-immolation in the same prefecture Saturday evening. Tenzin Choedron belonged to Siwa nunnery.
- Tibetan nun sets herself on fire in China, dies - Nov 03, 2011
- Self-immolation bids sign of overseas instigation: China - Oct 18, 2011
- China monks face trial on charge of aiding suicide - Aug 26, 2011
- Two more Tibetan monks jailed in immolation case - Aug 31, 2011
- Two Tibetans set themselves afire in China - Oct 08, 2011
- Tibetan monk jailed for 11 years in immolation case - Aug 29, 2011
- Chinese monks prevented from self-immolation - Sep 26, 2011
- End repression in Tibet: Amnesty - Sep 29, 2011
- Tibetan monk immolates self in China - Aug 15, 2011
- Tibetan monk self-immolates in China - Mar 15, 2012
- Self-immolations in Tibet politically motivated: Lawmaker - May 16, 2012
- Chinese monk's self-immolation was planned: Police - Apr 23, 2011
- US voices concern over monk's conviction in China - Sep 01, 2011
- End repression in Tibet, say exiles - Oct 10, 2011
- Karmapa concerned over self-immolation by monks - Nov 09, 2011