Tibetan monk immolates self in ChinaAugust 15th, 2011 - 7:35 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Aug 15 (IANS) A monk in south west China died Monday after he set himself on fire, Xinhua reported.
The incident happened in a Tibetan community in southwest China’s Sichuan province, local authorities said.
Tsongwon Norbu, 29, a monk at Nyitso Monastery in Dawu county of Garze Tibetan Autonomous prefecture, set himself on fire at 12. 40 p.m., the Dawu county government said in a press release.
He was a native of Dawu county. The reason behind his immolation, however, remained unclear.
- Tibetan nun sets herself on fire in China, dies - Nov 03, 2011
- Tibetan monk sets himself on fire in China - Feb 14, 2012
- Two Tibetans set themselves afire in China - Oct 08, 2011
- Self-immolation bids sign of overseas instigation: China - Oct 18, 2011
- Two more Tibetan monks jailed in immolation case - Aug 31, 2011
- Tibetan monk self-immolates in China - Mar 15, 2012
- Grassland fire kills 22, injures 4 in China - Dec 06, 2010
- Tibetan monk jailed for 11 years in immolation case - Aug 29, 2011
- China monks face trial on charge of aiding suicide - Aug 26, 2011
- Chinese monks prevented from self-immolation - Sep 26, 2011
- 27 missing after bus falls into China river - Jul 18, 2010
- 26 missing after bus falls into China river (Lead) - Jul 18, 2010
- End repression in Tibet: Amnesty - Sep 29, 2011
- Two Tibetans set themselves on fire in China - Jun 21, 2012
- Tibetan monk dies after setting himself on fire in China protest - Aug 15, 2011
Tags: china beijing, county government, dawu, immolates, immolation, local authorities, monastery, Press Release, sichuan province, south west china, southwest china, tibetan autonomous prefecture, tibetan community, tibetan monk, xinhua