Tibetan mastiff gives birth to 26 pups!April 10th, 2010 - 6:28 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, April 10 (ANI): A heroine Tibetan mastiff is said to have given birth to an astonishing 26 number of pups.
According to the Xinhua News Agency, the pups, born on April 6 in Mudanjiang City, Northeast China’s Heilongjiang province, are all healthy, reports the China Daily.But the number of pups born is said to be amazing, as a mastiff usually gives birth to four to eight cubs in a litter.
Dog-owner Sun Dejiang and his wife now have to subgroup the 26 cubs for nursing, fearing they might choke one another in a huddle.
The mother dog now has to breast-feed the cubs every hour.
The Tibetan mastiff is a slobbery dog with massive lion-mane-like hair and could grow up to 180 pounds (80 kilograms).
The giant dog, sometimes feisty, is a fashion of the moment in China, almost a must-have luxury for the country’s ultra-rich.
Breeders here say adult Tibetan mastiffs could fetch up to tens of thousands of dollars, or even more than 100,000 dollars. (ANI)
- Dog plays mom to three tiger cubs - Jun 11, 2012
- World's most expensive dog costs a million pounds - Mar 16, 2011
- Chinese man wants to swap dogs for BMW car - May 11, 2012
- A Chinese Millionaire Couple Buys A Tibetan Mastiff Worth $600,000 - Aug 07, 2010
- Six dead in China road accident - Jun 01, 2012
- US-born panda Hua Mei gives birth to her 8th cub in China - Sep 20, 2010
- 'Olympics panda' born in China - Jul 29, 2012
- Another tiger cub dies in Bihar - Sep 03, 2012
- Dog in Germany Gives Birth to Litter of 17 Puppies - Dec 22, 2010
- Tiger cub dies, two others critical - Aug 29, 2012
- Three lion cubs die at Chhattisgarh zoo - Aug 03, 2012
- Panda twins born in China - Jul 11, 2012
- China takes Russian land on lease to grow crops - May 30, 2010
- American Kennel Club Welcomes Three New Dog Breeds - Jun 30, 2010
- No more photos with Siberian tiger cubs in China - Jul 19, 2012
Tags: china daily, cubs, dejiang, dog owner, heilongjiang province, heroine, huddle, kilograms, lion, mane, mastiff, mastiffs, mudanjiang city, New Delhi, northeast china, tens of thousands, thousands of dollars, tibetan mastiff, tibetan mastiffs, xinhua news agency