Three troopers killed in Maoist blast in Chhattisgarh (Lead)June 8th, 2008 - 7:10 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, June 8 (IANS) At least three Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) personnel were killed and two injured Sunday when their patrol jeep hit a landmine laid by Maoist guerrillas in Chhattisgarh. The incident took place in an interior, forested location of Durg district’s Dalli Rajhara area, 150 km from here, around noon when the leftist insurgents triggered the landmine blast.
The paramilitary troopers of the CISF were patrolling in a jeep to guard an iron ore mining area owned by Bhilai Steel Plant (BSP), the flagship unit of the public sector Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL).
“Three CISF jawans were killed on the spot while two were critically injured,” Dipanshu Kabra, Durg superintendent of police, told IANS.
But the state’s inspector general of police (Maoist operations) Girdhari Naik said: “The rebels also looted weapons and ‘Insas’ assault rifles of the dead and injured cops.”
Reinforcements were sent to the area to track down the insurgents who reportedly sneaked back into their nearby thick forested bases.
In March, Maoists had carried out an attack in the same area, Mahamaya Mines of the BSP and walked away with 1.75 tonnes of explosives and briefly held hostage six BSP mining officials.
- Chhattisgarh's Dalli Rajhara-Rowghat rail project gets fresh boost - Aug 05, 2012
- MPs visit SAIL mining site in Chhattisgarh - Jun 04, 2011
- Two CISF troopers killed in landmine blast - Jun 08, 2008
- Maoists kill two CISF men at Chhattisgarh mining site - Nov 16, 2011
- Maoists kill six CISF troopers, driver in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Two Chhattisgarh cops killed in Maoist ambush (Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Maoists loot 1.75 tonnes of explosives from Chhattisgarh mine - Mar 28, 2008
- SAIL steps up security of its Chhattisgarh mines - Apr 08, 2008
- Four CISF men, four Maoists killed in Chhattisgarh (Second Lead) - Oct 25, 2009
- Six troopers among seven killed by Chhattisgarh Maoists - May 14, 2012
- Chhattisgarh to provide adequate security for rail project - Jun 02, 2012
- Steel authority set to bag Chhattisgarh iron ore reserve - Aug 12, 2009
- Three ITBP men killed in Chhattisgarh landmine blast - Oct 08, 2010
- Two Maoists killed in Chhattisgarh gun battle - Jan 05, 2011
- 10 Chhattisgarh cops killed in Maoist attack (Second Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
Tags: assault rifles, central industrial security, central industrial security force cisf, dalli rajhara, durg, explosives, hostage, inspector general, insurgents, iron ore mining, landmine blast, maoist, maoist guerrillas, maoists, mining area, rebels, reinforcements, security force, steel authority of india ltd, steel plant