Three Palestinians killed in Gaza StripSeptember 13th, 2010 - 1:22 am ICT by IANS
Gaza, Sep 12 (DPA) Three Palestinians were killed and two injured Sunday during Israeli artillery shelling in the Gaza Strip, medical sources at the Beit Hanoun hospital said.
The artillery shelling in the northern Gaza Strip city of Beit Hanoun was carried out after Gaza militants fired three mortar shells into the southern Israeli region of Negev. The shells reportedly did not cause any injuries or damage.
Militants have launched an increasing number of rockets in the last few weeks, leading Israel to retaliate.
Israeli F-16 fighter jets Thursday night carried out four successive airstrikes on several targets in the Gaza Strip in response to an earlier homemade rocket. No injuries were reported in any of the attacks.
Last week, one Palestinian was killed and two injured in an Israeli airstrike on smuggling tunnels in southern Gaza along the border with Egypt, also in response to an earlier mortar shell.
Since the beginning of the year, militants have fired more than 100 rockets and mortars into Israel, according to the army.
- Seven mortar shells fired from Gaza Strip into Israel - Dec 21, 2010
- Israeli planes strike Gaza - Sep 16, 2010
- Israeli jets raid Gaza - Feb 12, 2012
- 15 injured in Israeli airstrikes in Gaza - May 26, 2010
- Israeli air strike kills one Palestinian in Gaza - Jan 12, 2011
- Five Palestinians killed in Israeli airstrike - Oct 30, 2011
- Israeli jets strike Gaza smuggling tunnels - Feb 03, 2010
- Two rockets fired from Gaza into Israel despite announced ceasefire - Apr 16, 2011
- Israeli jets hit Hamas targets in Gaza, nine hurt - Jul 31, 2010
- Some 17 injured after Israel strikes suspected terror tunnels in the Gaza Strip - May 26, 2010
- One killed after Israeli air strikes hit the Gaza Strip in response to rocket fire - Aug 17, 2011
- Israeli army strikes Gaza militant targets, four injured - Jan 02, 2010
- Israeli airstrikes wound 10 in Gaza - Mar 20, 2010
- Hamas leader killed in Israeli airstrike (Lead) - Jul 31, 2010
- Gaza violence overshadows Mideast peace talks - Sep 16, 2010
Tags: airstrikes, beit hanoun, egypt, fighter jets, gaza strip, israeli airstrike, israeli artillery, medical sources, militants, mortar shell, mortar shells, mortars, northern gaza, palestinian, palestinians, rockets, strip city, targets, thursday night, tunnels