Three militants killed in north KashmirApril 10th, 2008 - 12:39 am ICT by admin
Srinagar, April 9 (IANS) Three separatist militants were gunned down by security forces in a fierce gunfight in north Kashmir Wednesday evening. A police officer said troops of 2 Para Commando regiment of the Indian Army and the Special Operations Group (SOG) of the Jammu and Kashmir police jointly surrounded a forest area near Putshahi village, 110 km from here, in the border district of Kupwara in the afternoon.
“Militants hiding in the forest opened fire at the security forces. The fire was returned and a fierce gunfight ensued that ended in the evening. The bodies of three militants were recovered. Their identities are being ascertained,” the police officer said.
“Security forces are still searching the jungle area,” he said.
Arms and ammunition were also recovered from the site, the officer said.
- Guerrilla killed in Kashmir gunfight - Jul 06, 2012
- Two guerrillas killed in Kashmir gunfight - Jul 22, 2010
- Guerrilla killed, soldier wounded in Kashmir gunfight (Lead) - Jun 30, 2012
- Three militants, one trooper killed in Kashmir gunfight (Lead) - May 11, 2010
- Three guerrillas killed in Kashmir gunfight - Apr 05, 2012
- Four-day-long Kashmir gunfight ends, toll 9 - Sep 29, 2011
- Hizbul Mujahideen militant killed in Kashmir - May 26, 2012
- Seven guerrillas, soldier killed in Kashmir - Sep 07, 2010
- Gunfight in north Kashmir - Jun 30, 2012
- 10-hour Kashmir gunfight ends, five guerrillas killed (Lead) - Apr 05, 2012
- Two LeT guerrillas killed in Kashmir gunfight - Jun 16, 2011
- Gunfight in Kashmir - Sep 01, 2012
- 5 militants, army officer killed in Kashmir gunfight - Sep 28, 2011
- Another gunfight breaks out in Kashmir - Apr 07, 2010
- Gunfight between security forces, guerrillas in Kashmir (Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
Tags: ammunition, commando regiment, forest area, gunfight, indian army, jammu and kashmir, jungle area, kashmir, north kashmir, police officer, security forces, separatist militants, sog, special operations group, srinagar, wednesday evening