Three militants killed, arms recovered in TripuraAugust 20th, 2008 - 6:36 pm ICT by IANS
Agartala, Aug 20 (IANS) Three tribal separatist guerrillas were killed in separate shootouts with security forces in Tripura, police officials said here Wednesday.A police spokesman said security forces came under fire late Tuesday from a group of banned National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) militants at north Tripura’s Kanchanpur, 165 km east of capital Agartala.
“Two extremists - self-styled NLFT corporal Bikash Debbarma and self-styled lance corporal Musroka Aslong (Tripura) - were killed and another was apprehended while others managed to escape,” police spokesman Mayajoy Rupini said.
The official said that in another shootout with the Tripura State Rifles, a top All Tripura Tiger Force (ATTF) militant, Nakbar Jamatia, 40, was killed at Sidhai in west Tripura.
A cache of arms and ammunition, including two AK 66 rifle, a US-made pistol and Chinese grenades, have been recovered from the slain rebels.
Meanwhile, the security forces have arrested a Bangladeshi national with an identity card of Harkat-ul-Jihad-Islami (HuJI) from Mullapara here late Tuesday night.
Police officials said fake Indian currency of Rs.1,500 and a telephone index containing numbers of some Pakistani and Bangladeshi people were also seized from the man, identified as Rakiv Mian, 22.
- Ten Tripura militants surrender with weapons - Nov 03, 2011
- Nine Tripura terrorists flee Bangladesh, surrender - May 17, 2011
- Militant killed in Tripura - Jul 22, 2012
- Eight tribal separatists arrested in Tripura - Dec 26, 2009
- Three Tripura militants surrender with weapons - Jul 04, 2012
- Linkages between northeast terrorists continue: Government - Oct 20, 2011
- 16 Tripura terrorists flee Bangladeshi camps, surrender - Aug 11, 2010
- Economic development tamed terrorism: Tripura Police chief - Jun 15, 2011
- Terrorists reviving outfits in Tripura, says police chief - Aug 21, 2012
- Seven more Tripura tribal separatists surrender - Dec 17, 2009
- Former Tripura extremists to block national highway - Dec 07, 2011
- Militants kidnap four workers in Tripura - Nov 27, 2010
- Six tribal separatists surrender in Tripura - Nov 09, 2009
- Armed guerrillas abduct four workers in Tripura - Mar 08, 2011
- Surrendered militants on hunger strike in Tripura - Mar 24, 2010