Three lawyers shot dead in KarachiJanuary 26th, 2012 - 1:27 am ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Jan 25 (IANS) Unidentified men in Pakistan’s port city of Karachi killed three lawyers while seriously injuring another Wednesday.
The incident occurred when the four lawyers were travelling in a car near Karachi’s Aram Bagh area. The fourth lawyer was in critical condition and undergoing surgery at the Civil Hospital, the Geo News reported.
Describing the act as target killing, the police said the attackers were riding motorcycles and chased the lawyers from the city court.
Lawyers fraternity, later, called for its nationwide strike in protest of the killings.
The lawyers were shot at close range, said a hospital official.
Pakistan’s Interior Minister Rehman Malik has summoned a report from Inspector General of Sindh province.
- When two Pakistani ministers quarrelled - Aug 23, 2011
- 'Arms coming to Karachi from Afghanistan' - Mar 30, 2012
- Roadside bomb kills three Pakistani Rangers - Dec 10, 2011
- Zardari orders arrests in Karachi rally firing - May 26, 2012
- Top Pakistani Taliban leadership eliminated: Malik - Jun 26, 2012
- Zardari pulls up Sindh minister - Aug 24, 2011
- Three killed in Karachi violence - Jun 15, 2012
- Seven killed in Pakistan bus attack - May 25, 2012
- Seven dead in Pakistan bus attack (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Seven policemen killed in Pakistan - Mar 14, 2012
- 26 injured in Karachi grenade attack: Geo TV - Jun 04, 2011
- One-week pillion riding ban imposed in violence-hit Karachi - Jan 17, 2011
- Navy commander among two killed in Karachi - Sep 01, 2011
- 11 shot dead at Karachi rally - May 22, 2012
- Over 300 dead as blaze engulfs two factories in Pakistan (Night Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
Tags: aram, attackers, bagh, close range, court lawyers, critical condition, fraternity, geo news, inspector general, interior minister, islamabad, killings, lawyer, motorcycles, pakistan, protest, rehman malik, target, unidentified men