Three killed in suicide attack in IraqAugust 10th, 2008 - 7:20 pm ICT by IANS
Baghdad, Aug 10 (Xinhua) Three people were killed and 20 injured Sunday in a suicide car bomb attack in Diyala province in eastern Iraq, the police said. A suicide bomber blew up his explosives-laden car at a checkpoint outside the mayor’s office of the town of Khanaqin, some 140 km northeast of Baghdad, it said.
The three killed were members of Kurdish security forces.
Diyala province, which stretches from the eastern edges of Baghdad to the Iranian border, has long been stronghold for Al Qaeda in Iraq.
US and Iraqi security forces have been conducting major offensives against extremist Sunni and Shia militiamen in the province and some other provinces.
- 11 soldiers killed in Iraq car bombing - Mar 14, 2011
- 10 dead, 45 wounded in Iraq suicide bombing - Jun 04, 2012
- Three die, 30 hurt in Iraq bombings - Dec 12, 2010
- 20 killed, 125 wounded in Iraq car bombing (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- 25 killed, over 170 wounded in Iraq attacks - Mar 20, 2012
- 6 killed, 10 wounded in Iraq attacks - Apr 16, 2012
- 10 killed in Iraq bombing - Nov 03, 2011
- 12 killed in Iraq suicide attack - Feb 21, 2011
- Suicide car bomb in Iraq kills three securitymen - Jun 06, 2011
- 30 wounded in Iraq bombings - Sep 09, 2012
- Twelve dead in two bomb blasts in northern Iraq - Apr 29, 2011
- 43 killed, over 190 wounded in Iraq bomb attacks (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- 13 killed in Iraq car bombing - Nov 28, 2011
- One killed in sticky bomb attack in Iraq - Nov 21, 2011
- 50 killed in Iraq suicide bombing (Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
Tags: al qaeda, al qaeda in iraq, baghdad, car bomb attack, checkpoint, eastern edges, explosives, extremist, iranian border, iraqi security, militiamen, security forces, stronghold, suicide attack, suicide bomber, sunni, xinhua