Three killed in Philippines grenade blastJune 21st, 2009 - 8:20 am ICT by IANS
Cotabato (the Philippines), June 21 (Xinhua) At least three people were killed in a grenade explosion in the southern Philippine province of Sarangani, the police said Sunday.The blast, which occurred shortly after 7:00 p.m. Saturday, at the heart of Maasim town, also wounded more than 20 others, police said.
According to Bombo radio, an unknown man threw a grenade at crowd in the plaza celebrating the town’s 37th Foundation Day.
Security forces are yet to determine whether the Muslim separatists, who have been fighting for independent Islamic state in the area, are behind the attack.
- Three killed in Philippines jail gunfight - Feb 20, 2012
- Philippine floods kill eight, thousands rendered homeless - Jul 31, 2009
- One dead, 34 wounded in Philippines blasts - Sep 02, 2012
- Colombian journalist wounded in grenade attack - Aug 06, 2012
- 15 killed in Pakistan's Quetta city blast - Dec 31, 2011
- At least 16 killed in Pakistan blast - Apr 22, 2011
- Three killed, six injured in bomb blast in Quetta - Oct 27, 2010
- Grenade blasts rock Sopore town in Kashmir - Feb 02, 2011
- Indian kidnapped in Philippines set free - Aug 10, 2012
- One killed, four injured in Kashmir (Lead) - Feb 28, 2011
- Injured cop dies in Srinagar hospital - May 15, 2010
- Seven injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Aug 08, 2012
- Indian kidnapped in Philippines escapes, to return home (Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- Five wounded in explosion in Srinagar (Lead) - May 14, 2010
- Ten injured in Pulwama grenade attacks - Dec 14, 2010
Tags: crowd, day security, foundation day, grenade explosion, heart, islamic state, june 21, least three people, muslim separatists, philippine province, philippines grenade blast, radio, security forces, unknown man, xinhua