Three killed in Nepal bombingFebruary 27th, 2012 - 4:51 pm ICT by IANS
Kathmandu, Feb 27 (IANS) At least three people, including a woman, were killed Monday in a powerful petrol bomb blast in the Nepali capital, media reports said.
More than six people were injured — five of them critically, Xinhua reported.
Local media reports said the blast took place around 1 p.m. outside the gate of the Nepal Oil Corporation’s central office in Babarmahal area, close to the country’s seat of government Singhadurbar.
The Samyukta Jatiya Mukti Morcha-Bishwokranti (SJMM), an ethnic outfit, has claimed responsibility for the bombing.
Police cordoned off the site immediately after the incident. The injured were admitted to the Bir Hospital.
Local media said a meeting on fuel price hike was underway in the Nepal Oil Corporation’s office when the explosion rocked the building.
- 11 injured in Pakistan bomb blast - Feb 07, 2011
- 5 killed in Peshawar bomb blast (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Suspected car bomb kills 3 in Turkish capital - Sep 20, 2011
- 10 die in Pakistan blasts (Lead) - Jun 05, 2011
- Eight killed in Pakistan blast (Lead) - May 28, 2011
- 12 injured in Pakistan blast - May 10, 2012
- 15 killed in Pakistan's Quetta city blast - Dec 31, 2011
- 12 killed in Pakistan hotel bombing - Aug 25, 2011
- Two killed in Lahore station blast (Second Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Five die, 45 hurt in Pakistan blast (Second Lead) - Jul 15, 2010
- Three killed, 118 injured in Thailand explosions - Sep 17, 2011
- 22 killed, over 100 wounded in Faisalabad CNG station explosion - Mar 08, 2011
- Three killed, 20 hurt in Pakistan bombing - Apr 29, 2012
- Five killed in Pakistan suicide bombing (Lead) - Apr 04, 2011
- 16 killed in two blasts in south Afghanistan (Lead) - Jun 11, 2011