Three killed in Mexico plane crashMay 8th, 2009 - 5:29 am ICT by IANS
Veracruz (Mexico), May 8 (EFE) Three people were killed and another was seriously injured Thursday when a small plane crashed in eastcentral Mexico, authorities said.
The twin-engine Cessna 340 crashed around 9 a.m. three minutes after taking off from Corona International Airport in Veracruz province, the head of emergency service of the province, Ranulfo Marquez, said.
Two crew members and two passengers were on board the plane.
The aircraft came down in an area known as the Tarimoya territorial preserve, killing the pilot, co-pilot and one of the passengers, Marquez said.
The fourth occupant of the plane was seriously injured and was taken to a hospital in Veracruz.
Authorities have begun an investigation into the accident.
- Six killed in Venezuelan plane crash - Feb 23, 2011
- Two die as chopper crashes on Mexican street - Oct 22, 2011
- Plane with six people goes missing in Mexico - Oct 08, 2010
- Five Colombian cops die in plane crash - Jul 29, 2011
- Drug-laden plane crashes in Honduras - Jul 04, 2012
- Three die in Colombian plane crash - Mar 19, 2012
- Four die in Brazil plane crash - Feb 17, 2012
- Brazil plane crash leaves 16 dead - Jul 14, 2011
- Crocodile caused plane crash: Report - Oct 22, 2010
- Eight die in Guatemala helicopter crash - Feb 29, 2012
- Small passenger plane crashes in eastern Canada, killing 4 - Jan 12, 2012
- Eight die in two plane crashes in Bolivia - Apr 23, 2012
- Two die as planes collide in Argentina - Nov 22, 2011
- Three dead in Indonesian Air Force plane crash - Jun 21, 2012
- Nine killed in Indonesian Air Force plane crash (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012