Three killed in Iraq suicide attackDecember 15th, 2008 - 6:38 pm ICT by IANS
Fallujah (Iraq), Dec 15 (Xinhua) At least three people were killed and 31 wounded in a suicide car bomb attack in Iraq Monday, the police said.A suicide bomber drove his explosives-laden car into a security checkpoint manned by Iraqi soldiers and policemen in Khan Dhari town, west of Baghdad, they said. The victims included security forces personnel and civilians.
In a separate incident, a mortar landed on a police checkpoint at the northern entrance of the city of Fallujah, some 50 km west of Baghdad, killing one person and wounding five, including three policemen.
Iraqi forces took over security responsibility of Fallujah, one of the main cities in the western province of Anbar, from the US troops in September.
Anbar, which is the country’s largest province, has been relatively calm after Sunni tribes and anti-US insurgent groups a year and a half ago joined hands with the US troops and Iraqi security forces in fighting the Al Qaeda elements.
- Two soldiers killed in Iraq violence - Aug 13, 2010
- 25 killed, over 170 wounded in Iraq attacks - Mar 20, 2012
- 43 killed, over 190 wounded in Iraq bomb attacks (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- 61 killed in Iraq attacks (Fourth Lead) - Aug 25, 2010
- Nine killed in Iraq insurgent attacks - Nov 20, 2011
- 6 killed in Iraq violence - Aug 25, 2012
- Gunmen kill tribal leader, woman official in Iraq - Feb 16, 2011
- Five policemen killed in suicide attack in Iraq - Jan 24, 2009
- 13 killed in Iraq car bombing - Nov 28, 2011
- 10 dead, 45 wounded in Iraq suicide bombing - Jun 04, 2012
- 57 killed in attacks on Iraqi police stations (Third Lead) - Aug 25, 2010
- Suicide car bomb in Iraq kills three securitymen - Jun 06, 2011
- Over 40 killed in Iraq violence (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- 12 killed in Iraq suicide attack - Feb 21, 2011
- 43 killed in Iraq bomb blasts (Lead) - Aug 25, 2010