Three kids dead, 15 hurt in Russia accidentMay 14th, 2012 - 9:37 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, May 14 (IANS) At least three children were killed and another 15 injured after a school bus collided with another bus in Russia, officials said.
The accident took place Sunday afternoon in Stavropol Territory in south Russia, the regional emergencies centre said.
The bus of a music school carrying 22 passengers, including 18 children, to a local music festival collided with another bus during an overtaking manoeuvre, overturned and fell into a five-metre ditch, RIA Novosti reported.
Four people died straight away — two children and two women. One girl succumbed in a hospital while 15 children and two adults, a teacher and the bus driver, were injured.
Other participants in the music festival named Children of the Caucasus paid a minute of silence to the victims, Russian children’s rights ombudsman Pavel Astakhov said.
According to statistics, 30,000 people lose their lives in traffic accidents every year in Russia due to the poor state of highways and reckless driving.
- Russia seeks access to US ranch for kids - Sep 21, 2012
- Two kids dead in Russia car accident - Oct 30, 2011
- 20 schoolkids injured in Rajasthan accident - Jul 26, 2012
- Two die as luxury bus overturns in Maharashtra - Feb 24, 2012
- Russia to sign child adoption deals with European countries - Nov 15, 2011
- Russia to slash US adoption agencies - Jul 15, 2011
- Four killed, 29 injured in Jharkhand accidents - Dec 07, 2010
- Four schoolkids, helper killed as bus overturns in Rajasthan - Jul 24, 2012
- At least 41 killed in northern India road accident - Aug 22, 2011
- 10 students injured as school bus overturns - Aug 24, 2011
- Bus accident in northern Pakistan kills 6, injures 23 - Jan 17, 2012
- Seven killed in two Bengal accidents - Jun 17, 2012
- Ten students injured as van overturns - Mar 22, 2011
- One killed, 12 students injured in UP road mishaps - May 03, 2012
- Four children killed as school bus-train collide - Jul 30, 2012
Tags: bus driver, caucasus, ditch, emergencies, highways, local music, minute of silence, music festival, music school, ombudsman, pavel, ria novosti, russia officials, russian children, school bus, south russia, sunday afternoon, three kids, traffic accidents, two women