Three kg hashish seized in UAEApril 14th, 2011 - 12:52 am ICT by IANS
Dubai, April 13 (IANS/WAM) At least three kilograms of hashish, hidden in a car, was seized by the customs department at a port in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
Officials of the Ras Al Khaimah Ports and Customs Department seized the narcotics from a drug peddler coming from Khasab in Oman who entered the UAE country through the Ras Al Dara port.
Mohammed Abdullah Al Mahrazi, director general of the department, said port inspectors became suspicious of the man and inspected the car. They found the drugs hidden in the front side of the vehicle and arrested the driver.
- Over 250 people to get new houses in UAE - May 12, 2012
- UAE to open 140 new mosques in 2011 - Jun 28, 2011
- Palm expo opens in UAE - Jun 16, 2012
- UAE, India discuss bilateral ties - Sep 27, 2010
- UAE emirate pardons 140 prisoners - Nov 07, 2010
- Bid to smuggle narcotics tablets foiled in Dubai - Dec 15, 2011
- UAE launches armoured vehicle facility - Apr 05, 2012
- Dubai police seize over 56 kg hashish - Aug 04, 2012
- UAE sends plane to Oman to bring home injured citizens - Sep 02, 2012
- 457 illegal residents held in UAE - Aug 01, 2012
- Indian envoy to UAE meets Ras Al Khaimah ruler - Jun 06, 2012
- Abu Dhabi workshop on monitoring commodity exchange - Nov 06, 2010
- UAE signs open skies pact with Djibouti - Feb 11, 2011
- 500,000 Captagon tablets seized in Dubai - Aug 07, 2012
- Man held with 50 kg of drugs in Abu Dhabi - Jan 10, 2011
Tags: customs department, dara, director general, drug peddler, drugs, dubai, hashish, kg, khasab, kilograms, mohammed abdullah, narcotics, oman, ports, ras al khaimah, uae country, united arab emirates, vm, wam