Three ICL players in Pakistan’s T20 squadApril 6th, 2009 - 7:43 pm ICT by IANS
Karachi, April 6 (IANS) Pakistan Monday named three Indian Cricket League (ICL) players in a 30-man preliminary squad for the World Twenty20 Championship, to be held in England in June.
Experienced all-rounder Abdul Razzaq, pacer Rana Naved-ul-Hasan and big-hitting opener Imran Nazir are the three ICL players who have been given place in the provisional squad.
But chief selector Abdul Qadir made it clear that the trio will only be considered for Pakistan duty in the June 5-21 World Twenty20 Championship only if they are cleared by the International Cricket Council (ICC).
“If these players are cleared by the ICC only then we will consider them while finalising the squad of 15 next month,” said Qadir.
Pakistan had banned all the national cricketers who defected to the unofficial ICL.
However, a local court suspended the ban and allowed the cricketers to play in domestic competitions in February this year.
Some of the ICL players including Razzaq say that they have parted ways with the ICL and now want to revive their international careers.
Pakistan provisional T20 squad: Younis Khan (captain), Msibah-ul-Haq, Salman Butt, Nasir Jamshed, Shoaib Malik, Khalid Latif, Shahzeb Hasan, Umar Amin, Ahmed Shahzad, Faisal Iqbal, Fawad Alam, Shahid Afridi, Sohail Tanvir, Yasir Arafat, Kamran Younis, Shoaib Akhtar, Umar Gul, Rao Iftikhar, Aizaz Cheema, Mohammad Aamir, Wahab Riaz, Imran Ali, Abdul Rehman, Danish Kaneria, Yasir Shah, Kamran Akmal, Sarfraz Ahmed, Abdul Razzaq, Rana Naveed-ul-Hasan, Imran Nazir.
- No PCB contracts for Younis, Yousuf, Malik - Mar 19, 2010
- Akmal rejoicing return to Pakistan team - Jan 05, 2011
- Pakistan recall Kamran Akmal, Razzaq for World T20 - Jul 12, 2012
- Asif recalled, Shoaib ignored in Champions Trophy squad - Jul 22, 2009
- Pakistan include Akmal in probables for Twenty20 World Cup - Feb 26, 2010
- Pakistan snubs ICL players for T20 World Cup - May 04, 2009
- PCB to hear appeals of banned cricketers - Mar 15, 2010
- Kamran, Naved in 30-man preliminary Pak World Cup squad - Jan 05, 2011
- Pakistan recalls Nazir, Naved for Sri Lanka ODI series - Jul 22, 2009
- PCB gives Afridi, Akmal brothers central contracts despite being guilty of 'misconduct' - Mar 19, 2010
- Ex-Pak cricketers hail Akhtar, Malik's inclusion in Asia Cup squad - Jun 04, 2010
- Misbah dropped from New Zealand series - Oct 22, 2009
- Pakistan drop Riaz over spot-fixing links - Nov 21, 2011
- No Shoaib Akhtar in list of 30 probables for ICC T20 World Cup - Feb 27, 2010
- Qadir hails Waqar's appointment as head coach - Apr 09, 2010
Tags: abdul rehman, cricket league, domestic competitions, faisal iqbal, fawad alam, imran ali, indian cricket, international careers, international cricket council, kamran, rao iftikhar, sarfraz ahmed, shahid afridi, shoaib akhtar, shoaib malik, tanvir, ul haq, umar gul, wahab, yasir arafat