Three hurt in shooting at Afghan memorial serviceMarch 13th, 2012 - 6:31 pm ICT by IANS
Kabul, March 13 (IANS) At least three people were injured in a shooting Tuesday at a service held for 16 Afghan civilians killed by a US soldier in Kandahar province, Xinhua reported.
The shooting took place Sunday in Zangabad village of Panjwai district when a US soldier walked out from a military camp and broke into three houses and began shooting indiscriminately, killing 16 civilians, including nine children and three women, and injured nine others.
A service to pay homage to the civilians was held in Zangabad Tuesday, “but an unknown number of armed men” began shooting from the nearby areas, a provincial administration official said.
An Afghan soldier was among the injured.
Several government officials, including two brothers of President Hamid Karzai, attended the memorial service.
- Karzai condemns, US saddened over Afghan killings (Second Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- Clinton regrets Afghan shooting incident - Mar 22, 2012
- Five killed in blast at Wali Karzai memorial service - Jul 14, 2011
- US vows full accountability in Afghan shooting (Lead, Changing dateline) - Mar 11, 2012
- Taliban vows to avenge US soldier's shooting - Mar 12, 2012
- Shooting rampage: US soldier moved out of Afghanistan - Mar 15, 2012
- Twin attacks kill 10 in Afghanistan (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Afghanistan seeks early security handover: Karzai - Mar 16, 2012
- Afghan president's half-brother killed by bodyguard (Second Lead) - Jul 12, 2011
- 16 foreign troops killed in single day in Afghanistan - Oct 29, 2011
- 11 killed in NATO chopper crash in Afghanistan - Aug 16, 2012
- Afghan President Hamid Karzai's aide shot dead in attack - Jul 18, 2011
- Car catches fire as Panetta lands in Afghanistan - Mar 15, 2012
- Afghan attacks show NATO's failure: Karzai - Apr 16, 2012
- U.S. soldier detained after opening fire at Afghan civilians - Mar 11, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,