Three hurt as helicopter lands on house in PeruApril 11th, 2012 - 11:39 am ICT by IANS
Lima, April 11 (IANS/EFE) A police helicopter made an emergency landing Tuesday on the roof of a house in the Peruvian port city of Callao, leaving its three crew members slightly injured.
The vice president of the Callao region, Walter Mori, said on Channel N television that the helicopter, a Robinson R44, was on a surveillance detail when it had to make an emergency landing on the roof of a house.
The three police officers aboard were taken to a nearby clinic for medical exams and to make sure they had no serious injuries. The aircraft suffered considerable damage.
“We still don’t know the cause of the accident. He have to get a group of experts to check it out and analyze what happened to see if it was human error or a mechanical failure,” Mori said.
A person who witnessed the accident said the aircraft had just taken off from a nearby field when “it started to spin around until it crashed” onto the house.
The witness said that one of the crew was able to leave the wreck unaided after the crash and helped the other two crew members out of the helicopter.
- 15 die in Peru bus accident - Sep 14, 2012
- Eight die in Guatemala helicopter crash - Feb 29, 2012
- Chopper goes missing in Peru - Jun 08, 2012
- Small plane crashes in Argentina - Oct 13, 2011
- Peruvian sex workers protest against foreigners in business - Aug 04, 2010
- Nine survive military helicopter crash in Colombia - Dec 05, 2011
- Five Colombian cops die in plane crash - Jul 29, 2011
- Plane Crash Near Nazca Lines Claims Six Lives - Oct 03, 2010
- Hundreds feared dead after Nigerian jet crashes in Lagos - Jun 04, 2012
- Man trapped in Peru gold mine rescued - Apr 20, 2012
- Two die as plane crashes into lagoon - Mar 16, 2012
- 19 dead in Peru bus accident - Feb 26, 2011
- Two tonnes of cocaine found in coffee bags - Jul 25, 2010
- Chopper piloted by Chilean president makes emergency landing - Jan 24, 2011
- Helicopter crashes in eastern Romania, killing 5 Ukrainians - Apr 27, 2012
Tags: callao, crash, crew members, efe, emergency landing, helicopter lands, human error, mechanical failure, medical exams, nearby field, peru lima, police helicopter, police officers, robinson r44, surveillance, television, vice president, witness