Three flyers arrested at Heathrow for bomb threats (Second Lead)January 9th, 2010 - 7:40 pm ICT by IANS
London, Jan 9 (IANS) Three passengers aboard a Dubai-bound Emirates airliner were arrested for allegedly threatening to blow up the plane at Heathrow airport Friday, police said.
The men, aged 58, 48 and 36, were taken into custody for making verbal threats against the crew of flight EK004 before take-off, police said in a statement.
“A verbal threat was made to staff. Police were alerted and armed officers boarded the plane.
“They have been arrested on suspicion of making a bomb threat,” the statement said.
“Police are searching the aircraft and all passengers have alighted from the plane,” police added.
Witnesses told Sky Television News that armed police with sniffer dogs entered the flight, a Boeing-777 jet with 330 passengers, which had been due for a take off at 8 p.m., and swiftly arrested the men.
“Police just swarmed the guy and rushed him out. I think he was a white male. There was another one but I didn’t see him,” Cameron McLean, a passenger, said.
Other flights at the airport were unaffected.
- 3 held in Britain for 'bomb threat' on Dubai-bound plane - Jan 09, 2010
- 3 Britons held for 'bomb threat' in Dubai-bound plane (Lead) - Jan 09, 2010
- British Airways steward jailed for hoax bomb threat - Aug 18, 2012
- Plane evacuated after 'verbal threat' on San Francisco runway - Aug 20, 2010
- Air India to get demo-trial on Boeing 787 next week - Jul 06, 2011
- Bees on a Yakutia Airline flight to Moscow creates panic - Aug 24, 2011
- Monkey delays Air China flight from New York - May 26, 2012
- Pakistan plane leaves Sweden after no explosives found - Sep 26, 2010
- Plane makes emergency landing in Sweden after bomb threat - Sep 25, 2010
- Two planes collide at Beijing airport - Jul 31, 2010
- New tool can ensure better safety on planes - Sep 13, 2011
- British air steward made bomb threat to impress employer - Aug 22, 2012
- Man held for bomb hoax in China - May 01, 2012
- Aeromexico makes first biofuel trans-Atlantic flight - Aug 03, 2011
- Chinese airline to buy 10 Boeing 777s - Feb 29, 2012
Tags: armed police, boeing, boeing 777, bomb threat, bomb threats, cameron mclean, emirates, flights, flyers, heathrow airport, london jan, making a bomb, sky television, sniffer dogs, suspicion, television news, verbal threats