Three drug traffickers get death in ChinaApril 11th, 2012 - 5:04 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, April 11 (IANS) Three people were sentenced to death and two others were given jail terms Tuesday for drug trafficking in China.
Xia Shenghua, Lin Hongyan and Shao Xiaoyuan received the capital punishment from a court in eastern Wenzhou city after being convicted for their involvement in the drug trade.
Shao, however, got a two-year reprieve, while Xia’s girlfriend Wu Ye was jailed for life. Their partner Dai Shaozhu received a seven-year prison term, Xinhua reported.
According to Chinese law, those who smuggle, sell, transport or manufacture opium could be punished with life imprisonment or even death.
- French citizen gets death for drug trade in China - Aug 09, 2010
- Four drug gang members get death penalty in China - Dec 26, 2010
- Chinese man sentenced to death in demolition case - Feb 01, 2011
- Russian woman sentenced to death in China - Nov 27, 2011
- Two drug traffickers receive death penalty in China - Aug 08, 2010
- Two drug traffickers gets death penalty in China - Aug 08, 2010
- Chinese woman gets death for infant trafficking - Jun 17, 2012
- Chinese police bust drug ring - Jun 28, 2012
- Tomb robbers sentenced to death in central China - May 15, 2010
- Human traffickers to get death in Bangladesh - Dec 13, 2011
- Ex-Chinese land official gets death penalty - Dec 30, 2011
- Iran hangs dozens of drug peddlers - Jan 30, 2011
- China exempts 13 crimes from death penalty punishment - Feb 25, 2011
- Three drug traffickers held - Jul 11, 2011
- China vows to tackle counterfeit drugs - Dec 20, 2011