Three die as quake jolts GuatemalaSeptember 20th, 2011 - 11:10 am ICT by IANS
Guatemala City, Sep 20 (IANS) At least three people died in Guatemala Monday after a 5.8-magnitude earthquake hit the country.
The quake occurred near the city of Cuilapa, some 50 km south of the capital Guatemala City, Xinhua reported Tuesday.
According to the United States Geological Survey (USGS), the main quake hit at 12.34 p.m. at a depth of 39 km following a 4.8-magnitude quake 30 minutes earlier, while a third smaller tremor was registered later.
- Strong quake hits Norwegian Sea: USGS - May 25, 2012
- Quake hits Philippines - Jul 29, 2010
- Strong quake jolts Mexico - Mar 21, 2012
- Another 6.2-magnitude aftershock hits Chile - Mar 01, 2010
- 5.1 earthquake near New Zealand's Christchurch city - Jul 22, 2011
- Magnitude 7.2 quake hits Mexico - May 02, 2012
- Strongest earthquake in years hits northwest of Norway, no damage - May 25, 2012
- California rattled by 3.6 earthquake - Aug 25, 2011
- Quake jolts India-Myanmar border - Jul 15, 2012
- Houses collapse in Pakistan quake (Lead) - Jan 19, 2011
- Quakes rock Japan island (Lead) - Mar 22, 2011
- Strong earthquake strikes off Mexico's Pacific coast, no damage - May 02, 2012
- 7-magnitude quake rocks Myanmar (Lead) - Mar 25, 2011
- 6.8 magnitude quake hits Peru - Aug 25, 2011
- Mild Earthquake Hits San Francisco - Jan 08, 2011