Three dead in Suez Canal blastMarch 27th, 2012 - 8:00 am ICT by IANS
Cairo, March 27 (IANS) Three people died and nine others injured when a diesel tank of a tugboat exploded in Egypt’s Suez Canal, the official media reported Monday.
The vessel belongs to the Petroleum Marine Services Co. and has been under maintenance in Tawfiq Port, about 130 km from Cairo, Xinhua quoted the MENA news agency as saying.
The Suez Canal is an artificial waterway connecting the Mediterranean Sea and the Red Sea. An average of 50 vessels cross the canal daily.
- Egypt foils planned attack in Suez Canal - Mar 22, 2012
- Two Iranian warships cross Suez Canal - Feb 22, 2011
- Cairo running out of petrol, food items - Feb 02, 2011
- Egypt's Suez Canal a cause for concern: Stanhope - Jan 31, 2011
- Syria, Iran sign naval training pact - Feb 27, 2011
- 150 years on, Suez Canal remains political issue - Apr 24, 2009
- 11 Hungarians dead in Egypt accident - Nov 07, 2011
- Gaddafi forces regain oil terminal town Al Brega - Mar 02, 2011
- March of a million in Cairo to dislodge Mubarak (Third Lead) - Feb 01, 2011
- Britons warned against travel to Egyptian cities - Jan 29, 2011
- Mubarak still in Egypt, says PM - Feb 14, 2011
- Iranian navy saves US vessel from pirates - May 24, 2012
- Somali pirates hijack ship with Indian crew - Aug 02, 2010
- Mubarak, two sons detained for 15 days (Lead) - Apr 13, 2011
- Suez Canal - just how important a gauge for Egypt's economy? - Mar 05, 2009