Three dead in Pakistan train attackAugust 29th, 2011 - 5:29 am ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Aug 29 (IANS) Firing and rocket attacks on a passenger train in southwest Pakistan Sunday left three people dead and 19 others injured, a media report said.
The Quetta Express was on its way to Peshawar when it was attacked near Mach in Kachhi district of Balochistan province. The Baloch Liberation Army has claimed responsibility for the attack, Daily Times reported.
“First they (rebels) fired three to four rockets at the train and later opened indiscriminate fire from a sub-machine gun on the passengers seated in the train,” said Bolan Assistant Commissioner Qaim Ali.
- 12 Shias killed in Pakistan (Lead) - Oct 04, 2011
- Five killed in Pakistan train attack - Aug 28, 2011
- Railway track blown up in Pakistan - Jul 30, 2011
- Gunmen kill 10 on Pakistan's Independence Day - Aug 14, 2010
- 29 Shia pilgrims killed in Pakistan - Sep 21, 2011
- Train bombing attempt foiled in Pakistan - Aug 20, 2012
- 16 die in Balochistan target killings (Lead) - Aug 14, 2010
- 11 die in Pakistan firing - Jul 30, 2011
- 13 die as gunmen open fire in Pakistan city (Lead) - Jul 30, 2011
- Six die in shootout at Brazil nightclub - Aug 28, 2012
- NATO supply trucks attacked in Balochistan - Jun 13, 2010
- Four NATO trucks torched in Quetta - Jul 16, 2010
- 9 killed in wave of sectarian violence in Quetta - Sep 01, 2012
- 18 Shia pilgrims gunned down in Pakistan - Jul 07, 2012
- Pakistan-Iran border closed after Shia massacre - Sep 22, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,