Three dead in German train collisionApril 13th, 2012 - 11:49 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 13 (IANS) Three people were killed and 13 injured when a local train collided with a maintenance crane near Germany’s Offenbach town Friday, BBC reported.
The local train, travelling from Frankfurt to Hanau, was carrying 35 passengers at the time of the accident.
The train driver and two members of the maintenance crew were killed.
Though the reason for the accident was not clear, German media reports said the train was travelling at around 100 km per hour at the time of the collision.
- Six killed as trains collide in Poland (Lead) - Mar 04, 2012
- Six killed in Poland train collision - Mar 04, 2012
- Indonesia: 14 dead, 40 injured in West Java bus accident - Feb 11, 2012
- Cargo train collision blocks Amtrak train - Apr 18, 2011
- Minibus carrying preschoolers collides with truck in NW China, killing 20 - Nov 16, 2011
- 3 killed, 50 injured when trains collide near Karachi - Sep 17, 2012
- Four killed, six injured in Maharashtra accident - Jan 27, 2012
- Five die in Pakistan train collision - Aug 30, 2011
- Six killed in Rajasthan accident - Jul 27, 2012
- Truck crashes into passenger bus in southern Vietnam, killing 10 - Nov 07, 2011
- 22 killed in road accident in southern Pakistan - Nov 13, 2011
- Afghanistan: At least 53 killed after bus crashes head-on with tanker in Ghazni - Sep 17, 2012
- Chronology of major Indian train accidents since 2000 - Jul 30, 2012
- Passenger buses collide in Taiwan tunnel, killing 2 - May 08, 2012
- Driver error caused train mishap, probe ordered (Roundup) - Sep 14, 2011