Three Chinese robbers sentenced to deathJuly 19th, 2012 - 8:16 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, July 19 (IANS) Three Chinese men who committed five armed robberies from 1991 to 2011 that led to the death of eight people have been sentenced to death.
Xu Deyong was convicted of robbery and illegal trade of firearms by a court in Shaoxing city in east China’s Zhejiang province, the Shanghai Daily reported Thursday.
His accomplices, Xu Gongwei and Ma Zhenhong, were also given death sentences but Ma was given a reprieve.
Two others who traded illegal firearms were sentenced to 11 and 10 years behind bars respectively.
- Three drug traffickers get death in China - Apr 11, 2012
- Chinese official given death for taking bribe - Apr 27, 2012
- Chinese official gets death term for graft - Apr 24, 2012
- China busts gang for selling gutter oil - May 05, 2012
- Action against 113 in China's tainted pork scandal - Nov 26, 2011
- Four drug gang members get death penalty in China - Dec 26, 2010
- Chinese policeman jailed for life over bribe - Jun 15, 2012
- Robber-rapist jailed after 19 years in China - May 19, 2012
- Chinese man sentenced to death in demolition case - Feb 01, 2011
- Chinese man to die for keeping sex slaves - Jul 19, 2011
- Chinese brothers, father get death sentence for fraud - Nov 07, 2011
- China to crack down on illegal gun possession - Feb 10, 2012
- French citizen gets death for drug trade in China - Aug 09, 2010
- Mentally challenged Chinese kills US businessman - Jul 13, 2012
- Chinese man sentenced to death for gold robbery - Jun 10, 2011
Tags: 10 years, accomplices, armed robberies, beijing, chinese men, death of eight, death sentences, east china, illegal firearms, illegal trade, reprieve, robbers, robbery, shanghai, zhejiang province