Three Chinese hurt as balloon explodesOctober 11th, 2011 - 5:08 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Oct 11 (IANS) Three farmers in China’s Jiangsu province sustained burn injuries when a hydrogen balloon descended and exploded in front of them.
The farmers were harvesting paddy when the giant balloon came down.
As they were trying to figure out what it was, the balloon exploded. They sustained burns on their faces, reported Shanghai Daily quoting Yangtze Evening News.
The balloon had traversed hundreds of km from Wuhan, the capital of China’s Hubei province.
A banner for a housing project in Wuhan was attached to the balloon.
- Rains likely to hit China's food bowl - May 28, 2012
- Central China city braces for flood - Jul 29, 2010
- China infuses Yangtze river with one bn fish - Jul 12, 2011
- 35 mn affected by drought in China - May 28, 2011
- Rich Chinese woman seeks love on the street - Aug 22, 2012
- Drought affects 35 million in China - May 30, 2011
- China's longest river faces worst drought since 1961 - May 23, 2011
- 11 killed in south China rains - Jul 15, 2012
- 19 die in China lift crash - Sep 13, 2012
- Inspired by action movie, Chinese man bombs bank van - Dec 19, 2011
- China warns of floods, rains as millions face misery - Jun 20, 2011
- Snowfall eases drought in China - Feb 11, 2011
- A Chinese couple that wants to resemble twins - Aug 24, 2012
- 175 killed in China floods - Jun 20, 2011
- 50 migratory birds found dead in China - Feb 11, 2012