Three arrested with 800 detonators in Uttar PradeshFebruary 2nd, 2009 - 3:02 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Feb 2 (IANS) As many as 800 detonators were seized from three men nabbed in the Maoist-infested Chandauli district of Uttar Pradesh, police said Monday.”The three were arrested Sunday night in Kotwali locality,” Police Inspector R.K. Ram told IANS on telephone. Chandauli is some 400 km from Lucknow.
Acting on a tip-off that three men travelling on a private bus were going to supply detonators to Maoists in Sonbhadra district, police stopped the bus and arrested them, Ram said.
All the three are residents of Bihar’s Rohtas district.
“Those arrested have confessed to supplying detonators to Maoists for the last two years,” said Ram.
- Two held with explosives in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 05, 2010
- Five arrested with explosives - Aug 04, 2011
- Maoist arrested in Uttar Pradesh - May 07, 2010
- Men with suspected Maoists links held with detonators - Jul 09, 2011
- Three suspected Maoists arrested with explosives - Jul 13, 2010
- Men with suspected Maoist links held with explosives - May 06, 2011
- Maoist nabbed in Uttar Pradesh, explosives seized - May 04, 2011
- Four Maoists surrender in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 22, 2011
- 5,000 detonators seized in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 08, 2011
- Huge cache of explosives recovered in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 14, 2010
- Maoist held in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 03, 2011
- Three held with 10,500 detonators - Jun 16, 2011
- Five nabbed with 1,500 cartridges in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 15, 2010
- Two held in train with cache of firearms - Jul 12, 2010
- Poacher held with tiger skins - Nov 17, 2010