Thousands of British kids vulnerable to sex abuseJuly 3rd, 2012 - 7:47 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 3 (IANS) Thousands of vulnerable children are being dumped in British care homes surrounded by sex beasts, a report has claimed.
Some homes are specifically targeted by abusers, says the report by Deputy Children’s Commissioner Sue Berelowitz, adding that kids as young as four have been victims of sexual exploitation by gangs.
Many of the homes are in rundown seaside resorts and near to bail hostels, sex offenders and high levels of drug use and prostitution, The Sun reported.
Berelowitz informed about the abuse as the government announced new reforms aiming better protect youngsters residing in the country’s 455 children’s homes, said The Independent.
The government action came following Berelowitz report, which was ordered after the jailing of a sex abuse ring in May which preyed on vulnerable girls in Rochdale town.
The ongoing inquiry has highlighted evidence that children in care are particularly vulnerable to child sex exploitation, with some residential homes being specifically targeted by abusers.
Berelowitz said her research found perpetrators come from all ethnic groups, as do their victims, who are as young as 11 and are largely but not exclusively girls.
Speaking alongside Children’s Minister Tim Loughton as he announced the new measures, she said: “I’ve been in the children’s services field for a very long time, and I have never come across the scale of violence and sadism that I’m encountering now.”
“The stories that children and young people tell us are truly horrific,” she added.
- Sexual grooming of white girls an Asian problem: Official - Jun 08, 2012
- 11 Asian men face sexual abuse charges in Britain - Feb 22, 2012
- Asian men jailed in UK for grooming young girls to become sex slaves - Nov 27, 2010
- More Asian sex predators held in Britain - Jan 12, 2011
- 'First-cousin marriages behind Brit-Pak men seeking sex with vulnerable young white girls' - Mar 18, 2011
- Hundreds of kids report sex abuse at hands of women in UK yearly: NSPCC - Jan 11, 2011
- Asian gang of 'sexual predators' in UK raped girls as young as 12 - Nov 25, 2010
- Nine Asian men held in child sex grooming case - Jan 11, 2011
- Man jailed for vandalising Facebook pages - Mar 25, 2011
- Pakistani gang jailed for raping 50 white British girls - May 09, 2012
- Swiss man admits abusing over 100 children - Feb 02, 2011
- UK cops couldn't comment on Asian sex gangs for fear of appearing racist - Jan 12, 2011
- British man groomed teenaged girls on Facebook for sex - May 28, 2011
- British minister slams Pakistani men's mentality - May 19, 2012
- 10 Britons arrested for grooming underage girls for sex - Jun 14, 2011
Tags: beasts, british kids, child sex, drug use, gangs, girls, government action, long time, measures, prostitution, rochdale, sadism, seaside resorts, sex abuse, sex exploitation, sex offenders, sexual exploitation, violence, vulnerable children, youngsters