This is what the Queen carries in her handbagNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:03 am ICT by admin
And, they say that it’s not only what’s inside the monarch’s bags that is significant, but the bag itself, for she uses it to communicate with her staff in a very subtle manner.
According to the authors, one thing that can always be found in the Queen’s handbags is an S-shaped metal meat hook that she places on the dinner table’s edge to suspend her bag from so that it doesn’t touch the floor.
Also to be found inside is a collection of good luck charms, including miniature dogs, horses, saddles and horsewhips - most of them gifts from her children, reports the Daily Express.
amily photos are also present, the most treasured of which is a snap of Prince Andrew, from when he returned from the Falklands in 1982.
Other things that the Queen never goes without are her mints, chocolate drops for her beloved corgis and a couple of crosswords, which her servants snip out of the papers for her.
Also ever present is the metal make-up case, made by Prince Philip and presented to her as a wedding gift 60 years ago.
And if there’s still room in the bag she happens to be carrying, the Queen slips in a camera to take snaps to add to her private collection.
Dampier and Walton also reveal the other uses of the monarch’s bag.
Before dining with the Queen, a point is made to inform guests that dinner will end in about five minutes after she places her bag on the table top.
- Britain's Prince Philip turns 90 - Jun 10, 2011
- Queen's beloved Corgi dies - Sep 10, 2012
- Princess Diana's palace opens to public - Mar 26, 2012
- William and Kate to be Duke and Duchess of Cambridge post wedding - Apr 29, 2011
- Prince Charles' tribute to his 'mama' on her diamond jubilee celebrations - Jun 01, 2012
- Queen Elizabeth gets bleeding nose - Apr 15, 2011
- After royal wedding, Will-Kat partied till early hours (Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- Prince William has 'no desire to become king' - Nov 28, 2010
- Kate Middleton wears red Alexander McQueen dress for Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations - Jun 04, 2012
- Channel 4 to telecast a tale on Queen Victoria's last love - Apr 24, 2012
- Tricolour flies in Windsor for Pratibha Patil - Oct 27, 2009
- At 85, Queen will not slow down in 2011 - Jan 02, 2011
- Cheryl Cole flirted with Prince Harry? - Jun 17, 2012
- Bomb found in Ireland ahead of Queen's visit - May 17, 2011
- Queen becomes great-grandmother for first time - Dec 31, 2010
Tags: amily, carries, chocolate drops, corgis, crosswords, daily express, dampier, dinner table, falklands, good luck charms, handbag, meat hook, miniature dogs, monarch, prince andrew, prince philip, private collection, queen, subtle manner, t touch