Thief’s diary writing habit costs himAugust 3rd, 2012 - 8:53 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Aug 3 (IANS) A Chinese thief’s habit of writing a diary cost him badly when police seized his notebook in which he had recorded details of all 88 motorbikes that he stole in the last five months, China Daily reported.
The thief, surnamed Zhang, was caught while scooping the 89th motorbike in Sichuan province, after he boldly offered a tricycle driver five yuan to help him carry away a locked motorbike. This act drew a policeman’s suspicion who was standing nearby.
During Zhang’s house search, the police discovered his treasured diary containing history of all the motorbikes he had stolen and the prices at which he sold them faithfully noted down in it.
Zhang was accused of theft and arrested.
- Man steals church computer after asking to be baptised - Jun 17, 2010
- 'Chacha-Bhatija' vehicle theft ring busted - Feb 04, 2012
- A septuagenarian held for 86 vehicle thefts - Mar 15, 2011
- 500,000 bees stolen from Fraser Valley - Jul 31, 2012
- Man involved in 250 CNG car kit thefts held - Feb 21, 2011
- Indian man robbed in China - Apr 26, 2011
- Relics of 13th century hero stolen in Russia - Aug 30, 2012
- Chinese woman helps arrest thief in Metro train - Feb 21, 2012
- Picasso drawing thief arrested - Jul 08, 2011
- 12-year jail for swindler in China - Apr 07, 2012
- Brazilian masterminds art thefts from behind bars - Jul 17, 2012
- Picasso drawing stolen from SF art gallery - Jul 07, 2011
- Man steals truckload of vodka in Russia - Jan 19, 2012
- Man steals Rs.10 lakh from Delhi office, held - Aug 06, 2012
- Stolen goods restored to their owners in China - Jan 11, 2012