The Queen on Vogue’s ‘World’s Most Glamorous Women’ listNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:29 am ICT by admin
The Queen is joined on the list by supermodels Naomi Campbell and Kate Moss, reports the Telegraph.
Dame Helen Mirren, who won an Oscar for her portrayal of Queen Elizabeth II in the movie The Queen, has also earned a place in the list.
Vogue lauds Mirren for being “radiant as a lightbulb, sexy and talented… she dresses perfectly, too.”
Also appearing in the top 50 are models Claudia Schiffer and Sophie Dahl, novelist Zadie Smith, and actress Rosamund Pike.
Also in the top 50 were actresses Vanessa Redgrave, Charlotte Rampling and fashion designer Stella McCartney.
British Vogue compiled the list for its December “glamour” issue, saying: “Glamour is about how you wear something, not about what you wear.
“You can’t buy glamour, and you can’t fake it. But unlike beauty, it’s not something you are born with, though it comes more naturally to some than others.” (ANI)
- Claudia Schiffer's clothing line to hit shops in 2011 - Sep 29, 2010
- Kate Moss gets 'Best-Dressed Woman Of The Decade' title from Vogue - Nov 17, 2010
- Paltrow named best dressed celeb - Sep 13, 2012
- Bond Girl Rosamund Pike is pregnant - Feb 27, 2012
- Penelope Cruz named world's most beautiful woman - May 11, 2010
- Willow Smith, a fashion icon - Jul 08, 2011
- It is boy for Rosamund Pike - May 08, 2012
- Tinu Verghis bids adieu to modelling industry (With Image) - Feb 21, 2012
- Gwyneth Paltrow flashes bra at Fashion's Night Out - Sep 10, 2010
- Mirren surprised over best body title - Sep 22, 2011
- Shirley Bassey to sing at Kate Moss wedding - May 30, 2011
- Judi Dench, Helen Mirren among 20 Most Powerful Women in Brit Theatre - Mar 06, 2009
- World's only plus-size supermodel enraged after being airbrushed - Aug 06, 2010
- Tyra Banks Promises The Best Season Of "America's Next Top Model" In Cycle 15 - Sep 09, 2010
- Eva Herzigova, Helena Christensen, Claudia Schiffer bare all for mag shoot - Nov 22, 2009
Tags: british vogue, brogues, charlotte rampling, claudia schiffer, dame helen, glamorous women, glamour, headscarf, helen mirren, kate moss, lauds, moss reports, naomi campbell, queen elizabeth ii, rosamund pike, sophie dahl, stella mccartney, supermodels, vanessa redgrave, zadie smith