The Queen a massive internet starFebruary 21st, 2010 - 3:14 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 21 (ANI): Queen Elizabeth II has emerged as a highly popular Internet star - the British monarch is the most searched royal on Google and a massive hit on YouTube.
Her Royal Channel has had over eight million views on the video-sharing website, and has three times more subscribers than No 10’s.
The Queen, 83, has also beaten her grandsons Princes William and Harry as the most searched royal on Google.
In January, 2,240,000 searches were made for the Queen in the UK, compared with 673,000 for William, 27, and 823,000 for Harry, 25, reports the Daily Express.
She is also six times more popular than pop diva Cheryl Cole, 26.
Globally, the Queen was searched for five million times on Google in January. And on her YouTube channel she has 29,945 subscribers, more than three times that of TV presenters Ant and Dec with 9,915.
With 1,111,943 views, the Queen’s 1957 Christmas Broadcast is the most popular video on The Royal Channel.
“The Royal Household is very forward thinking in embracing new technology,” a Buckingham Palace spokeswoman said. (ANI)
- YouTube launches iPhone app with advertisements - Sep 12, 2012
- YouTube to show British royal wedding live - Apr 20, 2011
- 36 hours of videos uploaded on YouTube every minute - Feb 16, 2011
- Co-founder of YouTube steps down as CEO - Oct 30, 2010
- YouTube marks fifth birthday by announcing two billion views per day - May 19, 2010
- Queen's first ever Christmas message is YouTube hit - Jan 03, 2011
- Video accounts for half of mobile data traffic - Feb 24, 2012
- Gaga becomes 1st musician to attract over 1bn video views on YouTube - Oct 26, 2010
- Google unveils new ultra-high speed internet - Jul 27, 2012
- Turkey blocks Google services - Jun 05, 2010
- Britain's royal family on Facebook - Nov 07, 2010
- YouTube increases video upload limit to 15 minutes - Aug 01, 2010
- Cuba raps Facebook, YouTube - Jan 16, 2011
- Spoof royal wedding video showing Royal Family dancing goes viral - Apr 18, 2011
- YouTube launches Hebrew interface - Sep 06, 2010
Tags: ant and dec, british monarch, buckingham palace, cheryl cole, daily express, elizabeth ii, google, grandsons, internet star, london feb, massive internet, million times, pop diva, princes william and harry, queen elizabeth, queen elizabeth ii, royal household, star london, tv presenters, video sharing website