The path to Gabriael Cardona’s Life- ImprisomentMarch 14th, 2009 - 1:23 am ICT by GD
Gabriael Cardona- Ramirez also known as “Pelon” and “Gaby” a professional assassin or the “sicaro” for the Gulf Cartel and the Zetas has been sent sentenced to imprisonment for life. This was announced today by the United States Attorney Tim Johnson today. Gabriel Cardona is 22 years of age.
Last year in August, Ramirez was convicted of a conspiracy to abduct and kill in a foreign soil, a violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 956. These charges that led to the conviction had stemmed from the abduction and killing of youths from Laredo, Jorge Alfonso Aviles who was 19 years of gage at the time of his death and Inez Villarreal a minor of 14, at a nightclub named Nuevo Laredo on the 30th of March, 2006.
Among the 14 defendants arrested resulting from the 42- count indictment that was returned to the federal court on the 4th of March 2008, Ramirez was one. According to the indictment, the charges were for conspiracy to drugs and money laundering, with the involvement of high-ranked members of the Gulf Cartel and the Zetas, the enforcers of the cartel. The indictment also alleges that as a part of the conspiracy several sicaros or hit squads were put into operation on either sides of the border inducing the killing of rival members of the Sinaloa Cartel to forcibly gain control to the port of entry and corridor of the Nuevo Laredo-Laredo.
Since his arrest in April 2006 Cardona Ramirez has been in a ‘without bond’ federal custody.
- 14 dismembered bodies found in Mexico - Jun 09, 2012
- 41 Mexican guards to go on trial for jailbreak - Dec 29, 2010
- 6 policemen kidnapped in Mexican city - Mar 12, 2011
- 29 prison personnel held over Mexico massacre - Feb 24, 2012
- 49 mutilated bodies found on Mexican highway (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Seven killed in Mexico violence - Jan 23, 2011
- Mexico plans to build eight prisons - Feb 23, 2012
- Six gunmen killed in clash in Mexico - Mar 27, 2010
- Former lawmaker's body found in Mexico - Sep 13, 2012
- At least 16 bodies found in northern Mexico - Sep 17, 2012
- Mexican involved in killing of 49 people arrested - Aug 04, 2012
- Two tonnes of marijuana found in Mexican cemetery - Jul 30, 2012
- Cartels have been weakened, says Mexican government - Dec 27, 2010
- Journalist kidnapped in Mexico - May 19, 2012
- 20 die in Mexico prison fight - Oct 16, 2011
Tags: 22 years, abduction, aviles, count indictment, enforcers, federal custody, gabriel cardona, gulf cartel, hit squads, money laundering, nuevo laredo, pelon, port of entry, professional assassin, ranked members, sinaloa cartel, tim johnson, united states attorney, villarreal, zetas