The Manor in Holmby Hills is America’s most highly priced estateMarch 28th, 2009 - 2:53 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Mar 28 (ANI): The Manor, situated in the exclusive Holmby Hills neighbourhood, has been put on the market for a whopping 150 million dollars, making it the highest asking price in America.
The French chateau-style mansion once belonged to film and television producer Aaron Spelling, and now his widow Candy Spelling has put it on the market.
The mansion has 5,248 sq m of space on more than 1.86ha, and is the largest home in Los Angeles County.
It has as neighbours the Los Angeles Country Club and the Playboy Mansion.
“Everything there is glamorous, and is luxurious and it’s really great scale,” the Daily Telegraph quoted Sally Forster Jones, an agent with Coldwell Banker Previews International in Los Angeles, which is co-listing the property, as saying.
“There really is nothing to compare it to,” she said.
Jones revealed that the three-storey mansion, built in 1991, is gated and features a winding driveway that leads up to the three-storey house, which includes ceilings that reach up to 9 metres high.
The property boasts a bowling alley, wine cellar, wine tasting room, gift-wrapping room, a humidity-controlled silver storage room, China room, library, gym and media room, among many others.
The screening room is one of Spelling’s favourites, and it features a movie projection system that automatically comes up from the floor at the same time that shades extend over the windows.
The Spellings also finished the 5,181 sq m attic that includes a barber shop and beauty salon, and the home also includes a wing for service staff, including a kitchen and seven bedrooms, and five fireplaces and four wet bars.
Outside the house are a tennis court, fountains, a waterfall, a pool and spa, a reflection pool and a pool house with a kitchen, and 16 carports.
The estate also boasts an 18th Century-style garden, a rooftop rose garden and a citrus orchard, and the property includes a winding motor court with space for more than 100 cars. (ANI)
- Cheryl Cole to buy $5.5 million mansion - Oct 13, 2011
- World's most expensive $150m mansion still looking for buyer - Jan 17, 2011
- Mansion Where Michael Jackson Died Goes Up For Sale - Aug 05, 2010
- Mansion where Jackson died up for sale - Aug 05, 2010
- LA mansion where MJ died up for grabs - Aug 05, 2010
- Anna Kournikova selling her mansion for $9.4 million - May 14, 2011
- Penelope Cruz's mansion on sale - May 06, 2010
- Stallone sells new house - Apr 22, 2012
- Hire Paris Hilton's former party pad at $20K a month! - Apr 22, 2011
- Craig, Weisz to buy $11.5 mn home - Jan 14, 2012
- Charlie Sheen selling Beverly Hills mansion - May 27, 2011
- Witherspoon buys $7 mn house - Dec 06, 2010
- Cole spends $3.5 mn on apartment! - Jan 14, 2011
- Brangelina buy $40m mansion in Italy - Sep 08, 2010
- Pattinson leaves Los Angeles home - Dec 07, 2011
Tags: aaron spelling, bowling alley, candy spelling, cellar wine, chateau style, china room, citrus orchard, coldwell banker previews, daily telegraph, estate melbourne, french chateau, holmby hills, playboy mansion, reflection pool, room library, silver storage, style garden, style mansion, wet bars, wine tasting room