The Heart Attack Grill restaurant that has a sign certifying its “bad for your health”!June 20th, 2009 - 5:39 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, June 20 (ANI): A hospital-themed restaurant in the US warns its customers of the unhealthy menu waiting inside with a large sign reading “Caution: This place is bad for your health”.
The restaurant started by Dr Jon, who has worked as a nutritionist for years, has burgers named after open-heart surgical procedures including Single, Double, Triple and Quadruple Bypass Burgers.
It contains half a pound (226 grams) to two pounds (900 grams) of beef.
Another speciality is unlimited Flatliner Fries, which are cooked in lard, along will full sugar cola, cigarettes without filters, hard liquor and beer.
The Quadruple Bypass Burger contains around 8000 calories (33,600 kilojoules), fitting for a restaurant whose motto is “a taste worth dying for”.
Dr Jon has also arranged for a wheelchair for customers who finish the Quadruple Bypass Burger, where the “nurse” of their choice takes them back to their car.
He admits that eating at the restaurant can end up sending you to the emergency room, and thought it appropriate to give the restaurant the feel of a hospital.
“I founded the Heart Attack Grill as a simple place where a guy can get a good burger, a cold beer, and not worry about being on a restrictive diet,” News.com.au quoted Jon as saying.
“I run perhaps the only honest restaurant in America: hey this is bad for you and it’s going to kill you,” he added.
Professional nurses took offence to what they saw as the “degradation” of nurses by the restaurant, kicking off a battle, where Jon was also arrested for attempting to open a live fire hose on a group of picketing nurses.
However, a compromise was reached when Jon put a disclaimer on his website stating: “The use of the word ‘nurse’ above is only intended as a parody.
Also, activist groups have launched a scathing attack on the owner for serving extremely unhealthy treats and also having waitresses dressed in sexy nurses outfits. (ANI)
- Hospital-themed US restaurant under fire for unhealthy food - Jun 20, 2009
- Heart Attack Grill Restaurant gives free food to obese people - Nov 12, 2010
- The Heart Attack Grill that offers free Bypass Burgers for obese eaters! - Nov 11, 2010
- Heart Attack Grill sues Heart Stoppers Sports Grill over medical theme! - Feb 02, 2010
- Burger King introduces bacon sundae in the US - Jun 13, 2012
- Customer gets a Heart Attack at the Heart Attack Grill - Feb 16, 2012
- Burger King to launch 'Pizza Burger' with 2,520-calorie! - Aug 23, 2010
- Now a blood-vessel-busting 5000-calorie burger available in UK - Jan 28, 2011
- Giant burger sets new world record - Sep 04, 2012
- 'Low-carb beer myth' duped Oz drinkers: Poll - Dec 10, 2010
- Burger King to sell beer too, with its burgers - Jan 24, 2010
- World's Biggest Burger Finds A Place In The Guinness Book Of Records - Jun 14, 2010
- Burger weighing 777 pounds sets new record - Jul 05, 2011
- Bangkok's insect food: protein-rich cricket cookies, bamboo-worm pizzas (Feature with pics) - Mar 25, 2012
- Nuts too can pile on the pounds - Jan 04, 2011
Tags: activist groups, cold beer, diet news, dr jon, fire hose, good burger, hard liquor, heart attack, heart attack grill, kilojoules, lard, nutritionist, open heart, professional nurses, restrictive diet, scathing attack, sexy nurses, surgical procedures, two pounds, waitresses