The goose that survived crashing into a meteorite only to be savaged by a fox!February 5th, 2008 - 5:14 pm ICT by admin
London, Feb 5 (ANI): A goose survived being hit by a 9lb meteorite and crashing into a car only to fall prey to a hungry fox.
And, witness to all this was Brit postman Adrian Mannion who was enjoying his morning cup of tea with wife Fiona when the bizarre set of events unfolded.
According to Mannion, the Canada Goose was left dazed when after banging into a meteorite, it fell headlong into his cars roof, causing 2,500 pounds worth of damage.
However, there was no reprieve for the bird, for a hungry fox then grabbed it dragged it away before the Mannions could rescue it.
We heard two almighty thuds and rushed out to see this large, odd-looking rock next to our Mini and a very poorly-looking mangled goose on the car roof, The Sun quoted Mr Mannion, as saying.
A flock of Canada Geese were overhead so the falling stone must have hit the poor creature.
Mrs Mannion added: It has to be the unluckiest bird ever. It survived being knocked out by a meteorite only to be savaged by a fox.
The meteorite is now being studied by researchers at the University of Derby. It is one of only 1,000 asteroid fragments that hit earth each year. (ANI)
- Postman chases robbers, kills one - Mar 22, 2012
- Troopers escort geese off freeway - Jun 10, 2011
- Being bossy is the key to leadership, shows geese study - Dec 01, 2010
- Little grass, bar-headed geese skip Pong wetlands - Feb 06, 2011
- Now, a jazz version of geese to wow music lovers - Jul 05, 2010
- Now GPS to monitor winged visitors to Himachal - Jan 22, 2011
- Himachal gets new feathery guest - Jan 17, 2011
- Fireworks likely cause of Arkansas bird deaths - Jan 04, 2011
- Himachal to count its feathered guests this month - Jan 29, 2012
- Meteorite strikes a family's home in Paris - Oct 11, 2011
- Migratory birds declining, government monitoring habitat - Nov 30, 2011
- Tagged birds return to Pong wetlands from China - Dec 27, 2011
- With 40,000 winged visitors, Pong wetlands a tiny paradise - Nov 29, 2011
- Woman Plunges From Hotel, Survives 23 Story Fall - Jan 25, 2011
- Brace For Impact: A Hero's Story - Jan 11, 2010
Tags: asteroid fragments, canada geese, canada goose, car roof, cup of tea, earth, flock, hungry fox, london feb, mannion, mannions, meteorite, poor creature, postman, prey, reprieve, thuds, university of derby, wife fiona, witness