The couple that got married during the London marathon!April 27th, 2009 - 2:18 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 27 (ANI): Two competitors turned man and wife after tying the knot during the 28th annual London Marathon.
Rachel Pitt paced up the aisle to marry Garry Keates after taking a half-mile detour for their wedding.
The pair won the title of the first couple to wed in a Christian ceremony during the race covering the 26.2 mile course for35,000 runners.
Both runners managed to have a quick bath before the ceremony in front of 50 guests at St Bride’s Church on Fleet Street.
The 44-year-old groom carried his 37-year-old bride over the line.
“It had been the best day of my life but I’ll never do it again,” the Telegraph quoted Pitt as saying. (ANI)
- US couple get married in middle of marathon - Feb 01, 2011
- Houston Marathon Chosen As Wedding Venue By Texas Couple - Feb 01, 2011
- Japanese couple weds Hindu style in Bodh Gaya - Sep 24, 2010
- Cambodian snake wedding attracts hundreds of villagers - Jan 04, 2011
- Chelsea Clinton Weds Beau Marc Mezvinsky In Rhinebeck - Aug 01, 2010
- India's Ashis Roy, 78, completes 108th marathon - Apr 04, 2011
- Karan Johar: A Designer In The Making - Jan 05, 2011
- US couple becomes world's oldest bride and groom - Mar 03, 2012
- 1,600 orphan couples marry in Yemen's biggest mass wedding - Oct 22, 2010
- Russell Brand – Katy Perry Declared Man And Wife - Oct 26, 2010
- Bride gets to wed in local church after three-week protest - Sep 13, 2011
- Brazilian brides face fine for being late - Feb 10, 2011
- Kate Moss marries Jamie Hince - Jul 02, 2011
- 9-year-old killed at Delhi wedding - Dec 16, 2011
- Weisz, Craig may try for a baby - Sep 01, 2011