The Chinese sisters who wear ‘bee clothing’!February 9th, 2010 - 5:20 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 09 (ANI): Two Chinese sisters have an unusual fashion sense - they wear “bee clothing”!
The women, who often wrap themselves with thick layer of bees, come from a family of professional beekeepers in Jingmen.
Apparently, their father Liu Xinchun, taught them to “wear” what he calls “bee clothing”.
“We use special ways to attract the queen bee on to us and then other bees among the group will follow and hang on to the person,” the Sun quoted him as saying.
Liu mentioned that a bee group can contain as many as 30,000 individual insects.
He claims his family is naturally immune to the mild venom in bee stings. (ANI)
- Tibor Szabo wins the 'Clovermead Bees & Honey Bee Beard Competition' - Aug 17, 2010
- Bee sting can help treat arthritis - Jun 28, 2010
- Brit man 'breeds bees that can protect themselves from deadly parasite' - Aug 25, 2010
- Couple of stings a day takes the sting out of bee stings - Nov 19, 2008
- Royal jelly helps queen bee live 40 times longer - Apr 25, 2011
- 500,000 bees stolen from Fraser Valley - Jul 31, 2012
- Paltrow obsession for bees - Mar 16, 2012
- Social status in paper wasps is established early in life - May 20, 2010
- Beauty cream with bee stings in great demand - Dec 29, 2011
- Dougherty County Man Curtis Davis Killed By Africanized "Killer Bees", Authorities Confirm - Oct 25, 2010
- A new, giant wasp discovered in Indonesia - Mar 25, 2012
- Scientists show how to spot an angry wasp - Aug 20, 2010
- First look into genetic underpinnings of bee's lifestyle - Apr 12, 2011
- Dead woman married twice in China - Feb 22, 2012
- Kashmir promotes bee-keeping to boost fruit production - Jul 25, 2011