The chicken tikka masala is turning 60!November 14th, 2007 - 2:31 am ICT by admin
The owner made the first industrial version of the tandoor Indian stove and prepared a type of butter chicken that became famous as tikka masala, reports the Sun.
After the dish became an instant hit in Indian eat outs, the food came to Britain in the fifties.
Tikka masala was officially declared UK’s No 1 meal in 2001.
Beginning on Oct 22, its mouth-watering taste will be celebrated in the National Curry Week. (ANI)
- Cruise enjoys chicken tikka - Aug 23, 2012
- A mouthful of 'tricolour' dishes (With Images) - Aug 13, 2012
- Palak paneer to tandoori - Indian food a hit in Helsinki (Feature) (With Images) - Jun 28, 2012
- India, and its art of spices - Jun 20, 2011
- British balti chicken aiming to capture Indian taste buds - Apr 21, 2010
- Indians boil over Scottish bid to patent chicken tikka masala (Lead) - Aug 05, 2009
- Britain's love affair with Indian curry hits 200-year landmark - Jun 25, 2010
- Of history, curries and Mumbai soaps (IANS Books This Week) - Apr 07, 2011
- Chinese stir-fry is Britain's top dish - Jan 22, 2012
- Indian platter goes casual; eateries reap bounty - Oct 23, 2011
- Feasting all night long - at Jama Masjid of course (Feature) (With Images) - Aug 10, 2012
- Indian restaurants-on-wheels becoming hip in USA - Dec 26, 2010
- Chicken curry and dal tadka in Istanbul (With Image) - May 28, 2010
- Prawn on toast, cheese burgers light up iftar in Pakistan - Aug 05, 2012
- Purana Villa offers kebabs, curries with a twist (IANS Food Review, With images) - Mar 20, 2010