The Brit woman who gets paid to sample 36 beers a day!August 5th, 2008 - 7:11 pm ICT by ANI
London, Aug 5 (ANI): A Brit woman has a job that might be the dream work for most blokes - sampling up to 36 different beers a day.
Annabel Smith, who works for beer quality assessor Cask Marque, has tried almost 26,000 samples of 3,000 different brews in three years in the job.
On Aug 4, Smith visited pub number 500 in her job as Britain’’s only female ale tester.
However, the 39-year-old has managed to keep her svelte nine-stone figure, despite her love of beer - and the fact she occasionally takes her work home with her.
People always think I am going to be overweight but I am one of those people who is naturally thin, the Daily Star quoted smith, as saying.
It amazes me that people think beer is bad for you. Its not if you drink it in moderation, she added.
Smith, who previously worked for Guinness teaching people how to pull the perfect pint, is the only woman among Cask Marques 46 staff who award plaques to licensees.
She has visited pubs all over Britain, but one boozer holds a special place in her heart Boons in her home village of Horbury, near Wakefield, West Yorks.
I like to relax with a pint when I get back from my travels. Boons is the best pub around, she said. (ANI)
- Stewart loves British pubs - Nov 06, 2011
- Pammie loves visiting UK for scrumpy cider - Oct 27, 2010
- Pub sells special beer for dogs - Jan 10, 2012
- Brit pub landlady looking for exorcist to get rid of drinks topping ghost! - Oct 01, 2009
- Girl banned from every pub in Britain reveals all - May 23, 2010
- Queen gives green light for beer festival at Windsor Castle - Jul 02, 2010
- Wanted: Beer taster for 'world's best job' - May 21, 2010
- Here's why Guinness tastes better in Ireland than anywhere else on earth - Mar 08, 2011
- Pammie turns barmaid! - Mar 07, 2010
- Dave Marriott might be thrown out of his club over his flatulence - Mar 05, 2012
- Brit girl, 15, drinks 152 units of alcohol every week, insists she's no alcoholic - Feb 16, 2011
- Haggen Daz has a new job on offer - "taste tester" - Oct 27, 2011
- Doctor uses patient's blood for obtaining licence - Aug 19, 2011
- Dogfish Head Brewery founder Sam Calagione to star in 'Brew Masters' - Nov 22, 2010
- Brit man, who changed gender, wins modelling contract - Mar 15, 2011
Tags: award plaques, beer quality, beers, best pub, blokes, boons, boozer, cask marque, daily star, dream work, guinness, heart, horbury, london, moderation, pint, pub number, pubs, travels, wakefield