The bizarre extreme of art - masturbatory drawings on paperJanuary 11th, 2008 - 5:26 pm ICT by admin
London, Jan 11 (ANI): The spectrum of art has surely widened to bizarre extremes, with an artist creating a new exhibition of drawings by masturbating over paper.
Jordan McKenzie has made 55 images by ejaculating over canvas and sprinkling carbon over the results to immortalize them.
The results of his wacky creativity are due to be displayed at the Centre for Recent Drawing in Highbury, north London, for a month.
However, McKenzies masturbatory art has caused quite a stir in England, with both conformist and radical sections of the society panning the 40-year-old artist.
All we can do is pray for the artist. The extraordinary thing is that someone actually thought it was art and put it on at his gallery. We are clearly dealing with a very mixed-up person, The Sun quoted Father Kit Cunningham, of St Etheldredas Church in Clerkenwell, as saying.
Art lover and artist David Gleeson said: Tracy Emin showed her knickers but this is a different thing entirely. I am in favour of almost any form of expression but I do baulk at ejaculating over a piece of paper. Oh please!
Excuse the pun, but it sounds like hes taking the p***, he added.
Jordan, who intends to create three drawings a week, said that he doesnt want people to judge his works out of hand.
This is only the first batch of them. It is a diary of my ejaculations they are heartfelt and delicate. I hope people will come and see them - not judge them out of hand, Jordan said. (ANI)
- Reality show 'Face Off' aired on Syfy - Jan 27, 2011
- Singer of Hippie anthem `San Francisco' dies - Aug 21, 2012
- 'The Artist' wins best original score - Feb 27, 2012
- Dogs pay close attention to human signals - May 06, 2012
- Painting dreams with a ballpen from a wheelchair - May 02, 2012
- US gallery pays $4.6 mn at auction for Velazquez piece - Dec 08, 2011
- Baby 'boy' with rare condition turns out to be a girl 1 month later - Dec 22, 2010
- The Dad Of The Olsen Twins Is Purportedly Bankrupt - Jun 27, 2010
- 'The Artist', 'Hugo' in tie with five Oscars each (Roundup) - Feb 27, 2012
- Contemporary masters on paper in Saffronart auction - Jul 05, 2011
- Radio Jockey Erica Lee Fired After 19 Years Of Service - Jan 08, 2010
- Hilfenhaus is Australia's next cricket great: McKenzie - Feb 14, 2010
- US teacher held for sexual relation with student - Aug 12, 2012
- Twilight author to produce Austenland film - Jul 07, 2011
- Study casts doubt on nutritional benefits of organic food - May 20, 2010
Tags: art lover, artist david, clerkenwell, david gleeson, ejaculating, ejaculations, extraordinary thing, extremes, hes, highbury, knickers, london jan, masturbating, mckenzie, north london, old artist, piece of paper, pun, sprinkling, tracy emin