The 11-foot Mona Lisa created out of grease from 14 burgers!April 1st, 2009 - 1:12 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 1 (ANI): An artist has put up his version of Mona Lisa using burger grease for an American fast food company, looking to warn consumers against the amount of fat used in their competitor’s product.
Phil Hansen used grease from 14 burgers to paint an 11-foot canvas made from butcher paper.
The minute-long Internet advertisement shows the 29-year-old squeezing the fat out of every bite, which is then fed to an eager dog.
A close up further shows Hansen’s grease soaked hands in the endorsement made for American restaurant chain Arby’s.
Hansen said that the revelation had left many disgusted.
“People said it was a nice recreation and there were lots of comments on the nastiness of how it was made,” the Sun quoted him as saying.
“Many of the people who saw it had just eaten a hamburger that day - they were a bit grossed out by the idea,” he added. (ANI)
- Geek goddess: Mona Lisa with moustache, gun and dog - Feb 01, 2011
- Giant burger sets new world record - Sep 04, 2012
- Historians search for Mona Lisa remains - May 02, 2011
- Remains of 'Mona Lisa' to be dug up - Apr 06, 2011
- US restaurant sells handbags made from cows customers have just eaten - Feb 11, 2011
- 'Mona Lisa's remains' to be dug up in order to recreate her face - Apr 06, 2011
- Professor uncovers hidden literary references in Mona Lisa - Jan 07, 2011
- 'Putin-Mona Lisa' portrait sold for $300,000 - Oct 01, 2011
- 'Smelly food' can keep you off unwanted pounds - Mar 25, 2012
- Burger King launches '1160-calorie Meat Monster' in Japan - Apr 13, 2011
- Burger King introduces bacon sundae in the US - Jun 13, 2012
- Hunt for Mona Lisa: Archaeologists find new tomb - May 13, 2011
- 'World's healthiest fish n chips' created - Aug 14, 2010
- 'Mysterious, hidden literary references' found in the Mona Lisa - Jan 07, 2011
- Burger weighing 777 pounds sets new record - Jul 05, 2011
Tags: april 1, burgers, butcher paper, canvas, competitor, consumers, endorsement, fast food, food company, grease, hamburger, internet advertisement, london, mona lisa, nastiness, phil hansen, revelation, sun