Texas man on vacation uses iPhone app to watch burglary at his homeAugust 26th, 2010 - 5:35 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, August 26 (ANI): A Texas man used an iPhone application to watch crook raid his own home while he was on vacation in Connecticut 2,414km away.
Vince Hunter said the 4.99 dollars iPhone app, called iCam, notified him and his wife via text message that the motion detectors had been activated in his house.
Then, using his mobile phone, he was able to watch a live feed from the webcams he had installed around his home after a previous break-in.
“I check the footage, and see in real time guys in this area, and they’re kind of hunched over. They’d just broken the glass. I said ‘holy cow, I gotta call 911,” News.com.au quoted Hunter as saying.
Hunter’s wife also notified the security company.
“You know, it was surreal. It really was. The first thing I couldn’t believe is that we could do this on our cell phone. Really? A cell phone?” Hunter said.
Hunter said police were reviewing the footage captured by his iPhone in an attempt to catch the attempted burglars, who are suspected of robbing his neighbor’s home moments earlier. (ANI)
- Indian American student was not homophobic: Defence - Mar 01, 2012
- Middle class at maximum risk from thieves - Mar 31, 2011
- Ex-army official's house burgled - Feb 09, 2012
- Lawyer wants charges dropped against Indian-American student - Aug 12, 2011
- My boyfriend is my hero: Paris Hilton - Mar 07, 2011
- Parrot scares off burglars - Mar 01, 2012
- Burglars break into Zsa Zsa Gabor's home - Mar 01, 2011
- Pervert from Glasgow posed as teenage lesbian to prey on 50 girls - Feb 23, 2011
- Lower Merion School District Sued For Webcam Spying On Students - Feb 24, 2010
- Joan Collins tags Twitter 'banal and boring pastime ever invented' - Apr 02, 2010
- Robert Pattinson says he's incredibly boring - Mar 25, 2011
- Woman traces stolen iPhone using iCloud - May 25, 2012
- Thugs rob Everton ace Jagielka at knifepoint - Sep 25, 2009
- Delhi student's murder: Cops probe friends - May 16, 2011
- Video clip by student leads to arrest of burglars - Dec 16, 2009