Terrorist leader killed in SyriaAugust 13th, 2012 - 10:14 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, Aug 13 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Syrian authorities have killed one of the ringleaders of the Al-Nusra Front terrorist group that has been active since the beginning of the uprising in the country, SANA news agency reported.
The Al-Nusra Front claimed responsibility for several terrorist attacks in Syria, including blasts in Aleppo in January and terrorist acts against intelligence service officers in Damascus in January and March.
SANA said the killed terrorist was Wael Mohammad al-Majdalawi. He was killed in Damascus and civilians helped police track him down.
The Syrian conflict has claimed between 14,000 and 20,000 lives since March 2011, according to estimates by various opposition groups and the UN.
- Russia condemns attacks on journalists in Syria - Aug 15, 2012
- Clashes between Syrian army, opposition continue in Aleppo - Aug 01, 2012
- 17 killed in Syrian car bombing - Sep 10, 2012
- Syrian forces storm rebel-held Aleppo - Aug 14, 2012
- 25 killed in fresh Syria massacre - Jun 22, 2012
- Five Killed, many injured in Syria blast - Sep 04, 2012
- Three killed in Syrian car blast - Mar 19, 2012
- Terrorist infiltration attempt foiled in Syria - Apr 28, 2012
- 11 killed in Syria - May 31, 2011
- Japanese, Syrian journalists killed in clashes - Aug 21, 2012
- Syrian state TV station bombed in Damascus, PM fired - Aug 06, 2012
- Over 3,000 protesters rally in Syria - May 14, 2011
- Syria, Egypt in tit-for-tat envoy withdrawal - Feb 20, 2012
- UN Syria envoy Kofi Annan to visit Russia - Mar 22, 2012
- EU tightens sanctions on Syria - Jul 23, 2012
Tags: aleppo, blasts, civilians, damascus, estimates, intelligence service, mohammad, moscow, news agency, nusra, opposition groups, ria novosti, syria, syrian authorities, terrorist acts, terrorist attacks, terrorist group, terrorist leader, uprising, wael