Terror group claims responsibility for Assam bombingsOctober 31st, 2008 - 7:49 pm ICT by IANS
Guwahati, Oct 31 (IANS) An unknown terror group calling itself ‘The Islamic Security Force (Indian Mujahideen)’ Friday claimed responsibility for the serial bombings in Assam Thursday which left at least 77 people dead and more than 300 injured.”We ISF-IM take the responsibility of yesterday’s blast. We warn all of Assam and India of situations like this in future. We thank all our holy members and partners. Ameen”, the group said in a text SMS sent to a local television channel in Guwahati.
The police have confirmed the existence of a terror outfit by this name. They said such a group was floated in 2000 in western Assam and was basically aimed at fighting Bodo militants.
In 2000, Bodo tribal militants had launched a violent campaign targetting Muslims.
- Unknown terror group claims responsibility for Assam blasts, toll mounts to 77 (Roundup) - Oct 31, 2008
- Bodo militant faction warns against staged shootouts - May 31, 2012
- NDFB chief is Assam's 'Kasab', say angry blast victims - May 02, 2010
- Rehabilitate Bengali Muslims only after verification: Bodo groups - Aug 18, 2012
- Venezuela condemns deadly bomb attacks in India - Nov 01, 2008
- Six militants of Bodo group arrested - Jul 30, 2010
- Tribal outfit continues murderous rampage in Assam, toll 23 (Second Lead) - Nov 10, 2010
- US condemns bombing attacks in India - Nov 01, 2008
- NDFB owns up as Assam attack toll mounts to 20 - Nov 09, 2010
- Tribal outfit strikes again, Assam death toll is 22 (Lead) - Nov 09, 2010
- Assam terror outfit disbands - Dec 14, 2011
- Will kill 20 people for every Bodo killed, threatens NDFB - Nov 01, 2010
- NDFB threatens to blow up more trains in northeast - Jul 09, 2010
- 'Biological war' if demands not met, says Assam terror group - Oct 02, 2010
- ISI has floated new terror outfit, says militant - Aug 30, 2010