Terrence Howard replaced in ‘Iron Man 2′October 24th, 2008 - 12:16 am ICT by IANS
New York, Oct 23 (IANS) Hollywood actor Terrence Howard has been replaced in the sequel to the Marvel Studios’ successful superhero film “Iron Man”.The actor’s role of a military liaison James “Rhodey” Rhodes in the original will now be portrayed by actor Don Cheadle, reports hollywood.com.
“It was the surprise of a lifetime. There was no explanation, the role just up and vanished… I read something in the trades that implicated it was about money but apparently the contracts that we write and sign aren’t worth the paper that they’re printed on sometimes. And promises aren’t kept, and good faith negotiations aren’t always held up,” Howard said.
The producers offered no comment when the story originally broke.
However, sources stated that negotiations with the actor “fell through over financial differences”, which Howard denied, reports Yahoo! News.
Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow, actors from the first movie are both expected to return for the sequel, as is director Jon Favreau.
“Iron Man 2” is set to release May 7, 2010.
- Downey Jr Injured on sets of 'Iron Man 3' - Aug 17, 2012
- Chinese company to co-produce 'Iron Man 3' - Apr 17, 2012
- Shooting for 'Iron Man 2' was trying process: Robert Downey Jr. - May 08, 2010
- Downey Jr. injured on 'Iron Man 3' set - Aug 17, 2012
- Iron Man 2 is back - Apr 09, 2009
- Ben Kingsley in 'Iron Man 3'? - Apr 10, 2012
- Don Cheadle replaces Terrance Howard for the sequel of Iron Man - Apr 24, 2009
- Terrence Howard livid at bosses for axing him from Iron Man sequel - Apr 23, 2009
- Gwyneth Paltrow wants more action scenes - May 07, 2010
- Scarlett Johansson signs up for 'Iron Man' sequel - Mar 13, 2009
- Never thought Arthur Miller would follow 'Iron Man 2': Johansson (Interview) - May 09, 2010
- Robert Downey Jr injured during shooting of film - Aug 16, 2012
- 'Iron Man 2' will be bigger, brighter, louder, sexier, stronger, claims director - Apr 21, 2010
- Shane Black to helm 'Iron Man 3'? - Feb 18, 2011
- Don Cheadle Calls His Role In "Iron Man 2" To Be "Improvised" - May 08, 2010